Sersa is one of the leading rail technology companies in Europe and is part of the Rhomberg Sersa Rail Group. The group employs around 2,500 people worldwide in seven countries on three continents. She is a competent partner when it comes to the construction and maintenance of economical and innovative solutions in rail infrastructure.
Area of responsibility
As a lead data engineer, you will lead a team of software developers and work on topics such as the extraction and transformation of data from a wide variety of digital sources such as web APIs, databases and websites.
- Personnel, organizational and technical management of a data engineering team in the field of ETL pipelines and data integration
- Planning of sprints and sprint goals, reporting to the management and product owner, technological development of the ETL stack
- Compliance with quality standards with regard to robustness, data governance, quantity, maintainability, reproducibility and transparency of the ETL processes
- Conception and implementation of complex ETL pipelines for our SaaS cloud platform
- Development and integration of web crawlers, web scrapers and web APIs or databases as data sources
- Provision of data lake and data warehousing functions for AI-based data processes
- Master’s, diploma or bachelor’s degree in computer science, mathematics, physics or a comparable degree or corresponding professional experience
- Very good language skills in German and English are necessary, any other language such as French is a plus
- A strong ability to work in a team, structured and efficient way of working, very good communication skills, solution-oriented mindset, self-confident demeanor, above-average willingness to take responsibility
- Very good knowledge and demonstrable practical experience with data management systems and state-of-the-art ETL frameworks such as Azure Functions and Apache Spark
- Interest or first experience in leading development teams and using agile methods such as Scrum or Kanban
- Safe handling of SQL / NoSQL databases and cloud services such as Azure, CosmosDB, Azure SQL, Event Hub, Event Grid
- Experience in web scraping and crawling is an advantage
- Passion for the development of complex, intelligent, data-driven systems or cloud solutions and the application of modern technologies
- Knowledge of Domain Driven Design, Event Driven Design and CQRS
- Working in a highly innovative environment with the latest technologies
- High proportion of development work with many opportunities to participate
- Creative work in interdisciplinary teams on the technological topics of tomorrow
- A very diverse and flexible range of tasks and a high degree of freedom in terms of development opportunities
- Work with a high level of practical relevance and insight into the world of railway construction technology
- Independent and independent work as well as working in a team in a lively environment
- Working with the most modern methods of agile product development
- Flexible working hours, home office options
Have we aroused your interest and would you like to take your next professional career step with us?
Then please apply electronically via our website. Mr. Darko Dobrosavljevic, HR specialist, is pleased and is happy to provide any information.
For technical information, please contact Mr. Stefan Poss, Technical Lead / BIM IT Engineer, 079 752 87 14 .