EPFL, the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne, is one of the most dynamic university campuses in Europe and ranks among the top 20 universities worldwide. The EPFL employs more than 6,000 people supporting the three main missions of the institutions: education, research and innovation. The EPFL campus offers an exceptional working environment at the heart of a community of more than 16,000 people, including over 12,000 students and 4,000 researchers from more than 120 different countries.
Donor Communication and Operations Manager
Your mission :
You will work with the Director of the Development Office, Head of Donor Engagement & team as well as with EPFL Leadership and professors to support a first-class fundraising process notably by managing and coordinating donor communication, and overseeing all philanthropy-related operations.
Main duties and responsibilities include :
- Record all donation information and maintain communication records with donors
- Manage data entry and financial tracking for the Department
- Provide background research and materials that will support EPFL leadership with cultivation of individual, corporate, and foundation donors
- Recommend appropriate cultivation and solicitation strategies and timing for donor/prospect visits, debrief and manage follow up activity. In tandem with Development staff, faculty and other colleagues, co-develop proposals for solicitation of gifts as well as follow up reports .
- Serve as a key liaison between the Development team and other EPFL departments, reconciling donation information with the Finance team, coordinating donation agreements with Legal Services, as well as identifying areas of process and efficiency improvement
- Assist with other duties as assigned by Head of Donor Engagement.
Donor communications and Stewardship:
- Work with the Development and EPFL Leadership team to develop a strategy and build a pipeline for new prospects from outside of the organization’s existing donor pool
- Develop cultivation, stewardship, and solicitation strategies for a portfolio EPFL major donors and prospects
- Facilitate and coordinate relationship management with EPFL’s prospects and donors and promote positive relations with them
- Collaborate with team members to ensure the timely completion of philanthropic operations
- Provide support on strategy to other fundraisers who manage prospects with principal gift level capacity
- Ensure proper donor stewardship including appropriate follow up meetings, drafting funding/impact reports and proposals
- Ensure the proper acknowledgement of donations by drafting thank-you letters, greeting cards, memos, and coordinating timely touch points
- Contribute and implement best practice in information management for the team, including robust structuring of development team files
- Stay current with fundraising trends including, but not limited to, stewardship best practices.
Your profile :
- University Degree, ideally in a communications-related field or in the social sciences.
- Minimum 5-10 years of relevant fundraising experience
- Bilingual French - English, other languages a plus
- Prior donor stewardship and database management experience with a solid understanding of the donor lifecycle and the business of fundraising and development
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, with a strong ability to transform scientific information into clear, compelling communication for donors and prospects.
- Team player with clear and confident communication style
- Superior interpersonal and listening skills and the proven ability to navigate within a multilayered, decentralised organisation
- Strong organizational skills
- Proven experience in project management
- Positive, can-do attitude with strong desire to take initiative.