Syngenta is one of the world's leading companies with more than 28,000 employees in over 90 countries dedicated to our purpose: Bringing plant potential to life. Through world-class science, global reach and commitment to our customers we help to increase crop productivity, protect the environment and improve health and quality of life. For more information about us please go to www.syngenta.com
Group Consolidation Analyst (m/f/d)
Our employees reflect the diversity of our customers, the markets where we operate and the communities which we serve. We invite you to help us shape the future of agriculture. At Syngenta, we believe every employee has a role to play in safely feeding the world and taking care of our planet.
- Lead the monthly review of the PURP’s method difference (PMD)
- Investigate and develop solution to understand and reduce the PURP’s method difference in CP and Seeds
- To be the subject matter expert for the financial and accounting impacts of the PURPS on the Syngenta consolidation.
- Lead the review of the Crop Protection and Seeds PMD, including:
- Trace transactions through systems putting in place necessary controls
- Proactively interact with reporting units as part of month end investigation
- Closing open actions from PURPS monthly meetings
- Audit of hub transactions & issue resolution
- Monthly data check of intercompany transactions
- Identification of process risks and mitigating actions
- Supervise the posting of the PURP’s journals
- Investigate, design and implement process improvements to deliver sustainable reductions in the PMD
- To document the key process flows and associated accounting entries to build a sustainable knowledge base providing insight into root causes of PURPs
- Provide coaching and support the team members to enhance knowledge and understanding of transactions and processes impacting PURP’s
- Support the review and analysis of other complex accounting matters such as the underlying currency impacts in CP cogs and inventory, currency reporting, inventory revaluation, etc.
- Accounting / finance qualification with exposure to consolidation processes (IFRS preferred)
- Multiple years of experience in the field
- Knowledge of a consolidation tool is a plus
- Ability to analytically review figures, quickly and immediately identify areas for increased focus
- Fluency in English mandatory (ability to present in front of a larger audience)
- Familiarity with how international companies manage core processes (particularly data collection and reporting systems in a manufacturing environment)
- Ability to quickly learn all components of global Production & Supply reporting and consolidation
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and high-quality requirements
- Analytical thinking, ability to convey complex technical ideas to the wider community
Please be aware that the job title may differ from the position title.
Learn more about our team and our mission.
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.