Are you a technical Program Manager eager for an opportunity to have an impact on millions of customers across travel industry and enjoy identifying customer challenges and solving complex problems? Are you passionate about delivering digital products and excited by Artificial Intelligence and Data Science? Do you want to become an integral part of a creative team building Machine Learning solutions using state of the art technologies? If so, then you will love Expedia Group Data, AI, Platform & Systems (DAPS) team.
We are looking for a multifaceted and analytical Program Manager to coordinate a team of Machine Learning Engineers and Data Scientists using agile methodologies. You will deliver Machine Learning solutions to help our customers find and book the best travel for their needs and our partners compete effectively. For example, we build models to forecast demand, predict revenue, suggest prices/deals and give guided recommendations on how hotels can grow their business on our travel platform.
What you’ll do:
- You will participate in the software development lifecycle and how various agile engineering practices can be used (e.g., in planning, requirements analysis, design, coding, unit testing, acceptance testing).
- You will lead and mentor others through agile ceremonies.
- You will develop project schedules, define timeframes, budget routes, and prioritize tasks to achieve project milestones and deliver intended objectives within the agreed timeframes and ensuring that requirements are completed. In addition, you will identify the types of resources required to support a project, and make recommendations for specific people, technology, partners etc.
- You will lead proactive risk management, working with the team to anticipate new risks and mitigation planning.
- You will be involved in different stages of the product development lifecycle from idea generation to bringing a product to market by supporting the different phases and improving product performance.
- You will identify opportunities to re-use patterns and apply them to systems to add value or simplify.
- You will think holistically to identify opportunities around policies/processes to increase efficiency across organizational boundaries.
- You will gain stakeholder trust by effectively addressing their concerns to further long-term interests.
- You will help customers explore and understand their wider business challenges in the context of the project/program.
- You will create clear, concise and organized communication materials (e.g., policies & procedures, guidelines, presentations, messages).
- You will assess bottlenecks in work processes within teams to streamline and simplify workflow.
- You will foster a team environment where members are comfortable critiquing and suggesting changes to improve processes.
Who you are:
- Experience coordinating software development teams using agile methodologies (e.g., Scrum/Kanban).
- Experience and competency with project management, identifying and handling risks, tracking dependencies, and communicating overall project status
- Demonstrates an understanding of technical functional information (e.g., data/metrics, user flows, system designs and workflows) and is able to accurately answer relevant questions.
- Proactively contributes to cross team collaboration ensuring the best available information is included in analysis and shares findings with peers and leaders.
- Experience building clear, concise, and well-structured functional material (e.g., reports, guidelines, presentations, messages) and recommends improvements to existing material.
- Experience tailoring communications (content focus, style, format, etc.) for different audiences as appropriate. Ability to clearly present complex technical information to technical and non-technical customers, partners, and stakeholders.
- Actively seeks diverse feedback on work and anticipates feedback to address it proactively.
- Exhibits knowledge of the organization's processes, objectives, and challenges and their impact on the business.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Data Science, Mathematics, or a related field.
- Experience as Data Scientist or Software Engineer.
- Familiarity with data science and cloud computing technologies, such as AWS, Apache Spark and TensorFlow.
- Familiarity with mathematical/statistical, data science and machine learning concepts and models, such as regression, classification, supervised and unsupervised learning, gradient boosting, multi-layer neural networks, feature engineering and linear programming.
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, Egencia®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.