Abbott Established Pharmaceutical Division is looking for
Senior Data Scientist
to be based in Basel - Switzerland
The senior Data Scientist is responsible for/ helps delivering targeted business impact per initiative in collaboration with key stakeholders. This is an Individual contributor role, working with the team for building solutions for internal business functions across geographies.
Primary Job Function:
- The Principal / Senior Data Scientist rapidly navigates from identifying priorities/helping to generate ideas to implementing the solution. He/she has a passion to see own work translated in business results.
- He/she oversees/supports Advanced Analytics activities within his/her area for EPD globally and ensures that business objectives are tracked and achieved (in collaboration with key stakeholders).
- With increasing experience, he/she is responsible for understanding core business challenges and needs and for deriving a suitable global AA roadmap based on this understanding in collaboration with key stakeholders.
- He/she actively takes part in the development, deployment and integration of prioritised Advanced Analytics solutions in collaboration with local/regional cross-functional teams and/or external partners, including e.g.,
- Setting up / leading / supporting ideation and scoping sessions with business stakeholders
- Choosing and using the right analytical libraries, programming languages and frameworks for each task
- producing high-quality code that allows us to put solutions into production
- refactoring code into reusable libraries, APIs, and tools
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Help build and maintain a close contact to key business stakeholders and relevant communities
- Build effective and efficient AA solutions to business needs, leveraging available market resources as much as possible
- Help derive and continuously refine AA guidelines and standards through synthesizing learnings from prioritized AA initiative (“learning while doing and driving impact”).
- Master in relevant field (e.g., applied mathematics, computer science, engineering, applied statistics)
Minimum Experience/Training Required:
- At least 4-5 years (senior) / 7-8 years (principal) relevant working experience, ideally in pharma environment
- Strong experience in e.g., data mining, statistical modelling, predictive modeling and development of machine learning algorithms
- Solid programming experience in Python with good knowledge of SQL
- Exposure in building python-based web application
- Proven problem-solving ability in international settings preferably with developing markets
- Knowledge on working in cloud environment preferably AWS / Sagemaker a plus
- Good /solid experience working on full-life cycle data science; experience in applying data science methods to business problems
- Practical experience in deploying machine learning solutions
- Good understanding of good software engineering principles
- Good knowledge of testing frameworks and libraries
- Proven communication skills
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams and bring business and data science closer together - consultancy experience a plus
- Fluency in English a must, additional languages a plus
Do you like the sound of this job and think you’ve got what it takes?
Then send us your CV today. We look forward to receiving your application online in pdf format