EPFL, the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne, is one of the most dynamic university campuses in Europe and ranks among the top 20 universities worldwide. The EPFL employs more than 6,000 people supporting the three main missions of the institutions: education, research and innovation. The EPFL campus offers an exceptional working environment at the heart of a community of more than 16,000 people, including over 12,000 students and 4,000 researchers from more than 120 different countries.
Your mission :
The IT Team of the ENAC School supports ENAC researchers in all questions around IT infrastructure and software. To foster reproducibility and openness in research, we plan to complement these services by offering support with regards to management of research data, documentation of open research data and workflows as well as implementation of specific solutions for using and valorizing ENAC’s research data.
ENAC is seeking an enthusiastic individual to join this new service and focus on the data management aspects. You will support ENAC in implementing better research data management pipelines, to create a collaborative, reliable data ecosystem, fostering interdisciplinarity, data-driven research and open science. You will also get the opportunity to participate in research projects.
Main duties and responsibilities include :
- Build data acquisition, pre-processing and quality control pipelines for ENAC labs and interdisciplinary projects.
- Together with EPFL Library’s data management experts, support ENAC researchers and labs in designing data management plans tailored to their needs, and compliant with EPFL policies and open science best practices.
- Support researchers in implementing these data management plans and building automated routines.
- Deploy and operate servers, containers and data science models, with easy-to-use UI for researchers.
- Anticipate, foresee and reflect on technological developments needed to improve ENAC Data Ecosystem.
Your profile :
Your profile :
- Familiar with or strong interest in academia, research, reproducibility and open science. Demonstrated experience in an academic environment is a plus
- Autonomous, problem-solver spirit, enjoys taking initiatives, a service-minded personality
- Fluent in English and French
- Higher education (Master's degree or equivalent)
The ideal applicants should have:
- Experience as a data engineer, data architect, a similar role, or experience handling complex data in research.
- Experience with data acquisition, pre-processing and quality control, with various types of data (e.g., geodata with high spatial and temporal resolution, satellite imagery, 3D, point clouds, BIM…). Knowledge of research data management lifecycle and research environment
- Strong Python skills (FastAPI, pandas)
- Experience using, designing and constructing relational databases, building and querying APIs.
- Experience in database administration, deploying DBs (PostGreSQL, MongoDB) and optimizing performance.
- Experience in Linux-based server management and containers technologies (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes, Singularity, Shifter, PKS or similar).
- Familiarity with object storage (e.g., Amazon S3)
We offer :
- A driven, dynamic, interdisciplinary and international working environment in a vibrant, internationally recognized academic institution in research, education and innovation
- Access to many continuing education courses
- Great interdisciplinary and team spirit
- A competitive salary commensurate with skills and experience, and subject to EPFL pay scale
- EPFL is an international and world-class engineering university. It offers state-of-the-art facilities, scientific events and training and hosts a vibrant entrepreneurial community.
- EPFL is an equal-opportunity employer. Candidates will be recruited on merit only.
Start date :
Term of employment :
Work rate :
This is a one year limited contract renewable
Only candidates who applied through EPFL website or our partner Jobup’s website will be considered. Files sent by agencies without a mandate will not be taken into account