Unit8 is looking for a Cloud Engineer to join our team in Zurich or Lausanne. You will be part of diverse project teams and will partner with other engineers and data scientists to deliver data applications and solutions.
- You are a professional software engineer with good knowledge of Computer Science and at least one widely adopted programming language (for instance Python, Java).
- You have strong experience in Cloud development and architecture on one of the following platforms: AWS, Azure, or GCP.
- You have experience in system architecture and administration with a strong focus on security best practices.
- You are passionate about your domain and you like to introduce new improvements that make sense and are pragmatic for your users.
- You are knowledgeable about automation tools like Ansible, and you are familiar with Continuous Integration and Delivery tools such as CircleCI, Jenkins, or Bamboo.
- You are ready to tackle new areas and challenges i.e. building AI & Data Science stack, setting up MLOps, or scaling up Unit8’s internal tools.
- You understand the value of teamwork.
- You are outcome-focused and you have a service-oriented mindset.
- You hold a valid EU/EFTA work permit.
What Will You Do:
At Unit8 we build a wide range of applications for our clients in various industries, as well as internal tools, each with its own set of challenges. In general, you will:
- Design, propose, and maintain Data & Cloud architectures in close collaboration with the key stakeholders.
- Audit projects in terms of security or functionality gaps. Suggesting and tracking improvements.
- Automate various tasks to improve efficiency and shorten release time.
- Tackle new areas and challenges i.e. AI & Data Science stack.
- Be responsible for managing and maintaining internal infrastructure.
What We Offer
- Work on client projects that have a concrete impact on the business
- The opportunity to join a fast-growing service company with a start-up atmosphere
- Tailor-made mentorship program
- Learning activities such ML and Engineering Reading Groups
- Knowledge sharing sessions with other engineers
- Compensation package including base salary, yearly bonus based on the performance of the company and company shares
- 10% of the time for self-development
- Cross offices/company-wide frequent events (off-site or online)