Do you have passion to transform P&G while enabling better decision-making through advanced analytics and machine learning; enhance business results and improving consumer's lives every single day?
If you have, join P&G: we offer you a career in Information Technology, starting asData Scientist in Geneva.
What You Will Do:
"Get hands-on into the details" on Data Science, using state-of-the-art artificial intelligence, big data platforms and data visualization to discover solutions to problems requiring tremendous creativity. Partner with business leaders to fully understand the problem, and data engineers to automate & deploy your models into applications providing prescriptions to Sales and Marketing executives - that allow P&G to serve consumers worldwide in a better way.
You will be reporting to a senior data scientist, be co-located within a DataScience and Analytics team, part of P&G's global DataScience organization.
- You will analyze and model on big datasets - translating 1.5TB daily consumer touchpoints and 500 million consumers' behaviors to actionable recommendations.
- You will answer business questions and propose solution for business problems by applying machine learning techniques and algorithms, and automatize analysis of consumer information or other deep learning data; explore their patterns and recommend business activities
- You will discover and invent next-generation analytic capabilities for our category analysts and business partners
- You will own your new creative algorithm-driven applications from design-thinking up to user adoption
- You will team-up with technology partners to translate your innovations into robust, scaled, analytic solutions
- You will participate and improve P&G's analytic capability program at different levels of skill and seniority, esp. also including your own skills and knowledge through job experience, coaching & training.
To qualify for this role we expect thefollowing:
You have a deep understanding of Statistics and Machine Learning, Optimization and other advanced analytical models - and how to apply to real world problems (friends glaze over because you cant stop talking about them over dinner).
- You are proud to write solid code. Python and Spark are favorites, not your top ones? We can teach you.
- You have familiarity with beating data into submission with pandas, SQL, or Spark.
- You have strong communication skills and prefer to chart your own course to get the job done.
- You know how to tell a story with data.
- You are curious and effective. (Sense a theme? The ability to recognize patterns is important).
- You are a Prioritizer, there are only so many hours in a day and your friends and family deserve some of it.
- You value simplicity and understand that good enough is not a cop out.
- You are creative and find that unique viewpoint to solve problems that make others run and cower.
- You are collaborative in practicing DataScience as a team sport. We love to brainstorm together!
- You have a Master Degree or PhD in a quantitative / computational field (Operation Research, Computer Science, Engineering, Applied Math, Statistics, Analytics, Data Science, Life-science, Physics etc)
- You are fluent in English (written and oral)
What could give you extra chances to have fun:
- Experience with Big Data Ecosystem: Spark, MapReduce, SQL, Hive
- Experience with Cloud Infrastructure: Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with Agile DevOps, Github, Jira, Confluence
- Basic understanding of Business Intelligence Tools such as PowerBI, Spotfire, Tableau, etc, and/or UI frameworks (Flask, VueJS,..) to impress your business sponsors
- Your career in Procter & Gamble will start as Data Scientist, offering
- Meaningful work from day one in a dynamic, diverse, multi-cultural and flexible working environment impacting future business results.
- Collaborative and multinational work environment.
- Excellent personal and professional development possibilities.
- 'Vibrant Living' offering on-site: Gym / Yoga / Sports-teams, Hair-Salon, Canteen, Agile workspace design, Flex-work arrangements possible, Company Shop etc
- Equal Opportunities for everybody #WeSeeEqual #LikeAGirl #GABLE #P&G
Who we are:
Information Technology (IT) uses information and business knowledge to craft innovative solutions that change the way P&G runs business.
Do you want to belong to one of the most advanced IT organizations in the world, transforming every single day the way business is done through technology and innovation? Do you have passion for technology and desire to learn and grow continuously? A career in IT with us will build your ownership and influencing skills and will provide you a breadth of experiences across multiple businesses, and depth of expertise.
Just so you know:
Apart from significant responsibilities from day 1, exceptional learning opportunities, and an inclusive and international working context, we also offer employees personalized flexibility designed to deliver business results and enable employees to grow their careers while meeting personal needs.
At P&G, we don't just offer a job, we offer a career with varying assignments and lots of development opportunities, so that we develop our leaders of tomorrow.
Our consumers are diverse and our talents - internally - mirror this diversity to best serve it. That is why we're committed to building a winning culture based on Inclusion and our ideal candidate is passionate about the same principle.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship, disability or any other legally protected factor.
Due to legal restrictions, immigration sponsorship is available only for EU/EFTA nationalities. All candidate with non - EU/EFTA nationalities are encouraged to check out opportunities in countries where they can obtain a work permit.
We value flexibility and life balance and we have tools and policies ensuring our people feel part of an inclusive
Further helpful information to make the application process smooth:
- Just apply via clicking the button below
- Have your CV in English ready to attach
- Please note individual attachments cannot be larger than 500 KB.