Syngenta is leading science-based agtech company; dedicated to bringing plant potential to life. Each of our 28,000 employees in more than 90 countries work together to solve one of humanity’s most pressing challenges: growing more food with fewer resources. A diverse workforce and an inclusive workplace environment are enablers of our ambition to be the most collaborative and trusted team in agriculture.
Our employees reflect the diversity of our customers, the markets where we operate and the communities which we serve.
We invite you to help us shape the future of agriculture. At Syngenta, we believe every employee has a role to play in safely feeding the world and taking care of our planet. To support that challenge, the Global Product Registration team is currently seeking a Regulatory Sustainable Operations Global Data Manager in Basel, Switzerland. In this role you will drive excellence in data analytics, through
- Support the value-extraction of Crop Protection (CP) regulatory data and ambition for digitization and digital transformation across Syngenta
- Ensure the connectivity across CP Regulatory Regions/Territories/Countries and Global Regulatory Operations as well as the CP IT organization
- Achieve the required level of data consistency, quality and protection to meet overall business needs
- Enrich our regulatory data with other sources of data, internal and external, historical and emerging
- Supports the development of guidance,strategies, guidelines, standards and procedures to drive data regulatory data improvements.
- Responsible for identifying dependencies with partner functions and ensuring the consistency, integrity and flow of reliable information.
- Understands and documents data landscape, data capture and data flows (current and future ones) between CP R&D systems in collaboration with R&D users and IT architects. Provide feedback for the contiuous improvement of the platforms/ systems supporting the management of regulatory data.
- Promotes and ensures the implementation of FAIR data principles and ensures data compliance policies are followed.
- Liaises between Regulatory Regions/Territories/Countries and Global Regulatory Operations as well as the CP IT organization to ensure that Regulatory Data are treated as an asset.
- Assesses, acquire and profiles other souces of data internally/ externally, historical and emerging to support the business and data strategy.
- Communicates and promotes the data strategy and contributes to culture shift to value regulatory data as a strategic asset and competitive advantage.
- Liaises with partner functions to ensure efficient data flow for all stakeholders where regulatory processes intersect with other functions.
- As a Regulatory Project Manager,leads projects related to regulatory data management, quality, governance, compliance in close collaboration with IT/Digital Integration. Participates in CP R&D-wide data transformation efforts, such as the creation and management of data glossary, data catalogue, data lineage and data lake.
What are we looking for:
- M.A/M.Sc or higher degree in Scientific or Data discipline or equivalent
- Minimum 5+ experience in relevant fields and 3-5 years in Business Intelligence/ Data Analytics
- Advanced technical knowledge and experience of data/metadata management principles and platforms including data quality, data governance, data catalogue, master and reference data and their application in scientific R&D
- Working knowledge of relevant public domain dictionaries, standards and ontologies and their application for interoperability and reusability of data
- Highly competent in Data Visualization techniques and tools like Qlik/ Tableau or equivalent
- Knowledge of data architecture concepts such as database systems, data lakes, xml, json, APIs, etc. as well as scripting for data access, wrangling and preparation (e.g. SQL, Python, KNIME)
- Good general understanding of Project Management and agile methodologies, concepts, techniques and tools
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate across functional and geographic boundaries with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Fluency in English. Any second language would be a plus
What we offer:
We offer a variety of financial and non-financial benefits including:
- We offer a position which contributes to valuable and impactful work in a stimulating and international environment
- Flexible working arrangements and environment with an open culture and diverse workforce
- The opportunity to work with and learn from highly qualified and experienced employees
- Learning culture (Together we Grow) and wide range of training options
- You will profit from a competitive pension fund plan, annual bonusses, onsite doctor, gym, canteen, and other benefits (Family friendly initiatives, Child and Family allowance…)
Learn more about our team, our mission and how we achieve our goals.
Sounds like your next step? We look forward to receiving your online application including all relevant documents (cover letter, CV, diploma, certificates)
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status