Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
We are currently looking for two experienced Software Engineers (C or C++) for our office in Zurich.
About the team
A modern, international and motivated team who support IST/Switch and Cortex clients across Europe, Middle East and Africa.
IST/Switch is a high-performance credit and debit processing switch for all transaction processing needs. IST/Switch can communicate with an unlimited number of devices and can route transactions to a limitless number of networks and host systems.
Cortex is a modularised, open architecture card payment platform available for deployment anywhere in the world. Cortex provides comprehensive Card Payments features consisting of both card management and online transaction authorization functionality. It can support both debit and pre-paid card processing and also has some support for credit cards (at low volumes). Cortex also provides some acquiring switch capabilities that are suitable for certain markets. Cortex is Unix based and may be deployed on AIX, HPUX, Linux RHEL and Solaris.
What you will be doing
- Develops and implements solutions that require analysis and research.
- Develops program logic for new applications or analyses and modifies logic in existing applications.
- Works on one or more small to large, complex projects. Completes assignments and special projects.
- Provides application software development services or technical support in IST/Switch or Cortex
- Analyses requirements and translates business requirements into solution designs.
- Codes, tests, debugs, documents, implements and maintenance of the application.
- Ensures system improvements are successfully implemented.
- Makes recommendations towards the development of new code or reuse of existing code
- Suggests technical alternatives and improves/streamlines processes and systems.
- Other relevant duties assigned as needed
What you bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or information systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience
- 4 or more years of applications development experience in C for Cortex and C/C++ for IST
- Experience with UNIX (AIX, HP-UX, Solaris)/LINUX with ESQL, knowledge of RDBMS (Oracle/Informix), BASH Shell Scripting, Jira, Confluence and Source Control Version
- Knowledge of end-to-end systems development life cycles, i.e., waterfall, iterative and other modern approaches to software development
- Proficiency in business modelling and requirements definition disciplines through Unified Modelling Language (UML), use cases and analyse client's business needs and determine related information services support
- Excellent customer service skills that build high levels of customer satisfaction for internal and external customers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization, e.g., executive, management, individual contributors
- Excellent problem-solving, team and time management skills
- Willing to travel and work abroad on customer sites
- Ability to cope with deadlines – installing and upgrading critical systems; working in a commercial environment
Added bonus if you have:
- Knowledge of 3Des; Card Payments; Encryption; ISO 8583; IT Networking; RSA (Cryptosystem)
- Oracle Tuxedo; Perl Scripts; Python
What we offer you
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A modern, international work environment and a dedicated and motivated team
- A competitive salary and benefits
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.