EPFL, the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne, is one of the most dynamic university campuses in Europe and ranks among the top 20 universities worldwide. The EPFL employs more than 6,000 people supporting the three main missions of the institutions: education, research and innovation. The EPFL campus offers an exceptional working environment at the heart of a community of more than 16,000 people, including over 12,000 students and 4,000 researchers from more than 120 different countries.
HPC Software Performance Engineer (W/M)
Your mission :
The aim of the EPFL Blue Brain Project (BBP), a Swiss brain research initiative founded and directed by Professor Henry Markram, is to establish simulation neuroscience as a complementary approach alongside experimental, theoretical and clinical neuroscience to understanding the brain, by building the world’s first biologically detailed digital reconstructions and simulations of the mouse brain.
We are currently looking for a: HPC Software Performance Engineer (W/M) to strengthen BBP simulation and High-Performance Computing team.
Main duties and responsibilities include :
- Participating in the development of scientific high-performance applications targeting exascale computing platforms.
- Parallelising and porting BBP HPC applications to improve the performance on supercomputing systems
- Benchmarking HPC software on hardware architectures including Intel, AMD, NVIDIA, ARM platforms.
- Prototyping computational kernels on next-generation interconnects and hardware architectures
Your profile :
Essential skills and experience required:
- Professional experience in writing parallel scientific codes in modern C/C++ and/or Python using best software development practices including test driven development and continuous integration
- Experience in distributed and concurrent programming (MPI, OpenMP, Pthreads, OpenACC, CUDA ...)
- Experience in benchmarking, profiling, optimizing and debugging software on HPC systems
- Experience using UNIX/Linux operating systems
- Ability to solve problems and perform research independently
- Good team player and fluent English in speech and writing
- Experience in building performance models
- Proven experience working on parallel numerical applications
- Experience writing high-throughput and evaluating parallel I/O code
- Experience in working in large code base projects
- Experience with parallel debugging and profiling tools like Intel VTune, HPCToolkit, Allinea DDT/Map, Roguewave Totalview, LIKWID
- Experience in developing and optimizing HPC software on accelerators
Your profile :
- Master’s degree or higher in High Performance
- Computing, computer science or related field with three to seven years of experience in a Supercomputing Center or equivalent. Successful track record in developing and optimizing software on petascale systems
We offer :
- A world-recognized leader in simulation-based research in neuroscience using supercomputers
- A dynamic, multidisciplinary, international and collaborative working environment committed to benefitting the global community
- An inclusive and collaborative team of engineers focused on enabling and supporting the Blue Brain Project’s mission and goals
- A modern working environment, based at the Biotech Campus in Geneva Sécheron
Start date :
As soon as possible
Term of employment :
Work rate :
1 year, renewable
Only candidates who applied through EPFL website or our partner Jobup’s website will be considered. Files sent by agencies without a mandate will not be taken into account