Syngenta is a R&D global leader in agriculture; dedicated to bringing plant potential to life. Each of our 28,000 employees in more than 90 countries work together to solve one of humanity’s most pressing challenges: growing more food with fewer resources. A diverse workforce and an inclusive workplace environment are enablers of our ambition to be the most collaborative and trusted team in agriculture.
Our employees reflect the diversity of our customers, the markets where we operate and the communities which we serve. No matter what your position, you will have a vital role in safely feeding the world and taking care of our planet. Join us and help shape the future of agriculture.
For our site in Münchwilen (AG), we are currently looking for a
Process Data Science Lead (m/f/d) - 18030431
- Drive and deliver the Global Process Technology Digitalization Strategy.
- Lead the math and data science strategy and technology foresight for Global Process Technology.
- Foster a culture of innovation and collaboration to add business value, both internally across Production & Supply and R&D, and externally through collaborations and partnerships.
- Lead, shape and deliver the Global Process Technology Digital Transformation.
- Identify and build process automation and digitalisation capabilities in support of Global Process Technology by leveraging local, global, and external skillsets.
- Embed, promote, and grow mathematical and data science in Process Technology New AI activities in line with Global Process Technology strategy.
- Line management responsibility for up to five direct reports including temporary employees and scientific specialists at various levels in the different automation, math and data science disciplines.
- Strengthen and grow network between Global Process Technology, R&D IT, Production & Ssupply IT as well as Process research and Computational Chemistry. Identify applications of functional knowledge and existing methodologies to solve complex problems, inputs to the development of solutions to problems newly arising.
What we expect:
- PhD or master’s degree in industrial automation, process control systems, data engineering, data science or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in chemical process industry and manufacturing environment, experience in transformation projects.
- Strong knowledge in industrial automation, industrial network architecture, software development, data engineering or equivalent.
- Understanding of chemical process development or manufacturing advantageous.
- Fluent in English and German, French advantageous.
- Strong network with system solutions providers and academics.
- Track record of successful stakeholder influencing and management.
What we offer:
We offer a variety of financial and non-financial benefits including:
- We offer a position which contributes to valuable and impactful work in a stimulating and international environment
- A superb working environment with an open culture and diverse workforce where new ideas are always welcome
- The opportunity to work with and learn from highly qualified and experienced employees and gain scientific and technical excellence
- Learning culture (Together we Grow) and wide range of training options
- You will profit from a competitive pension fund plan, annual bonusses, onsite doctor, fitness room, canteen, and other benefits (Family friendly initiatives, Child and Family allowance…)
Learn more about our team, our mission and how we achieve our goals.
Interested? We look forward to receiving your online application including all relevant documents (cover letter, CV, diploma, certificates).
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status