Changing the world through digital experiences is what Adobe’s all about. We give everyone—from emerging artists to global brands—everything they need to design and deliver exceptional digital experiences! We’re passionate about empowering people to create beautiful and powerful images, videos, and apps, and transform how companies interact with customers across every screen.
We’re on a mission to hire the very best and are committed to creating exceptional employee experiences where everyone is respected and has access to equal opportunity. We realize that new ideas can come from everywhere in the organization, and we know the next big idea could be yours!
For our innovative Adobe Experience Manager enterprise solution that drives a billion-dollar revenue, Adobe is looking for an experienced cloud software engineer to join the AEM Cloud Foundation team. We’re seeking candidates to help us design, build and run high traffic, mission-critical services that drive business for the world’s top brands. You will build and own critical parts of the services and deliver to production. We treat open development, open source and open standards as valuable assets; if you are, or aim to be, a thought leader within open source and standard communities, you will love working with us!
What you'll do
- Contribute to the design and the implementation of the new generation of AEM development platform
- Design and implement APIs and test suites, with a strong customer focus.
- Ensure smooth operations by designing featured for scalability and failure resistance.
- Own and advocate for the health, quality and resilience of the systems owned by the team.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders incl. customers to gather feedback and ensure the successful adoption of services.
- Partner with other teams across Adobe to achieve shared goals.
- Fast prototyping of ideas and concepts and researching the latest industry trends.
- Adopt and contribute to critical open source projects that represent the foundation of our platform
- Represent Adobe thought leadership presenting at the best global technology conferences
What you need to succeed
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related area and 10+ years of experience in the field
- Strong knowledge of Java and very familiar with a variety of Java development concepts, practices, and procedure
- Experience in container technologies like Kubernetes and Docker
- Experience in automation and monitoring technologies like Prometheus, Grafana, New Relic, etc..
- Platform as a Service development and operations experience
- Experience in open source software development desired (eg. Apache Software Foundation)
- Proven leadership in a popular open source project is a strong plus
- Proven leadership in standards definition or implementation (e.g. protocols, containers, java, etc..) is a strong plus
- Strong communication skills and ability to deliver high quality technical documents
- Proven thought leadership in the industry through speaking at conferences or writing articles
- fluent in english