The Institute of Molecular and Clinical Ophthalmology Basel (IOB) is seeking a highly motivated Postdoc to join our multi-disciplinary team of scientists in the field of eye research and train in a highly collaborative environment by conducting cutting edge research on Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning (AI/ML) algorithms for ophthalmology.
IOB is a research institute associated with the University of Basel which combines basic and clinical research. Its mission is to drive innovations in understanding vision and its diseases and develop new therapies for vision loss. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your abilities challenged, and your knowledge expanded.
- Develop deep learning algorithms for imaging / time series data analysis that are robust to variations in image quality / characteristics as well as assessment methods for characterizing robustness of AI/ML technologies;
- Write clean reproducible code that runs on multi-GPU clusters;
- Lead / contribute to submissions to major conferences / journals and progress reports.
- PhD degree in electrical, computer, biomedical engineering, computer science, or another relevant field of study with experience applying AI/ML methods to medical data;
- Proven track record of research and peer-reviewed publications in engineering, computer science, or another relevant field of study is of advantage;
- Previous experience, coursework, and solid foundation in one or more areas of machine learning, deep learning (CNNs, RNNs, LSTMs, GANs,...), or computer vision;
- Previous experience with applying AI/ML, image and/or signal processing methods to medical data is of advantage;
- Excellent coding skills in Python and prior experience with machine learning code libraries (Tensorflow and/or PyTorch);
- Good oral and writing communication skills in English.
We offer you
- Highly competitive conditions in a dynamic and international research community in Basel;
- IOB is an equal-opportunity employer with family-friendly work policies.
Application / Contact
Interested candidates should submit their application documents as a single PDF file to email@example.com by September 15th, 2021. Please indicate the position you are applying for by writing the reference
number (IOB086) on the subject line.
For further information, please visit our website www.iob.ch or contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.