What it's about
The Business Applications Group is closely aligned with the business teams and responsible for the key applications to administrate, monitor and analyze Partners Group’s business processes through the investment value chain. It takes care of the development, customization and on-going enhancement of these applications to best support the global business operations of Partners Group. The Senior Software Solutions Engineer focuses on designing and implementing software solutions in our Payment and Cash Management platform, being in charge of the entire development cycle, from analysis to production deployment as well as collaborating with the business analysts and the services team to improve the entire Partners Group business application landscape.
We are now looking to add a professional to our growing team, based in Zug. You will have the following responsibilities:
- Serves as a Technical Lead of a specific group of applications in our Payments and Cash Management platform contributing to and directing the efforts of development teams, including internal and external team members.
- Design solutions, prepare specifications and manage projects together with internal/external developers
- Participate in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Ensure that solutions are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Design and implement large software solutions working with multiple stake holders
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the execution of projects
- Own the relationships with key vendors in you space including contract negotiation
- Understand and apply regulatory and compliance topics in your area of responsibility
- Create and maintain comprehensive project and solution documentation
- Plan, monitor, track and communicate project progress
- Ensure adherence to change management and security by design practices
- Manage relationships with internal clients and stakeholders
- Propose strategic approaches to drive the business applications platform further within Partners Group
What we expect
- Excellent record of academic achievement, ideally Bachelors, MSc in Computer Science or other scientific or quantitative discipline
- At least 7-9 years of experience in software engineering preferably in the financial sector
- Knowledge of and experience with Treasury (payment and cash management) concepts and solutions
- Strong project management and personal organization skills
- Experience managing SaaS based solutions including vendor relationships and building interfaces
- Experience coordinating with business users and developers to solve business requirements with entrepreneurial mindset to constantly improve the status quo
- Knowledge of at least one of the programming languages (Java/Python)
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge and experience with relational databases and data engineering using TSQL
- Excellent communicator with a team-oriented approach
- Agile or similar development methodology experience
Not required but a plus
- Interest in financial industry. Professional qualification (e.g. CFA, FRM) is desirable but not a requirement
- Experience with cloud services (i.e. AWS or Azure)
What we offer
- A highly collaborative, multicultural and entrepreneurial environment that works closely with both the technology and business sides of the firm.
- Opportunity to learn the business from some of the world's leading private market experts.