The Center for Religion, Economics and Politics at the University of Basel (Switzerland) welcomes applications for two available positions of research assistant (hourly basis), to work remotely, starting November 1, 2021, to support our team in the field of sociological sustainability research. The research assistant will support the project "Ecovillages as Incubators for Sustainability Transitions" (EVIST). This project studies the role of ecovillages in local sustainability transitions within different regional contexts. The project is funded for four years (June 2021-May 2025) by the Swiss National Science Foundation (SNSF).
- Research assistant in the research project "Ecovillages as Incubators for Sustainability Transitions" (EVIST)
- Transcriptions of interviews in English and Spanish (one assistant) and English and German (one assistant)
- Translation of interviews from Spanish to English or/and German to English
- Writing literature reviews and summaries
- Proofreading and editing of articles and empirical reports
- Organization, supervision and undertaking of events (workshops, conference)
- Participation in meetings (remotely)
- Collection and analysis of quantitative and qualitative data
- Current (or completed) university degree in sociology, human geography, sustainability studies or a similar discipline
- Very good written and spoken English language skills (C1 or higher)
- Very good written and spoken Spanish or German language skills (C1 or higher). Native Spanish or German speakers are especially
- Good computer skills (word, excel)
- Knowledge in quantitative and qualitative data analysis software is welcomed, but not required
- Interest in the field of sustainability transitions research and ecovillages
- Excellent organizational skills and openness to interdisciplinary collaboration
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
We offer you
- Attractive position, remote work
- Diverse interesting tasks in a field with strong societal relevance
- Work in a motivated and interdisciplinary team
- Opportunity to develop and expand your academic competencies
About our team
We are a motivated and interdisciplinary team and are committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We welcome all applications on an equal opportunity basis.
Application Deadline: August 30, 2021
Application / Contact
We look forward to your online application, including your letter of motivation and CV (all documents in English), as well as copies of completed degrees.
We only consider applications submitted via the recruiting platform of the University of Basel.
For additional information, please contact Rebeca Roysen at email@example.com