Syngenta is a R&D global leader in agriculture; dedicated to bringing plant potential to life. Each of our 28,000 employees in more than 90 countries work together to solve one of humanity’s most pressing challenges: growing more food with fewer resources. A diverse workforce and an inclusive workplace environment are enablers of our ambition to be the most collaborative and trusted team in agriculture.
Our employees reflect the diversity of our customers, the markets where we operate and the communities which we serve. No matter what your position, you will have a vital role in safely feeding the world and taking care of our planet. Join us and help shape the future of agriculture.
- Project Leadership: Leads global New AI programs and a portfolio of PLCM projects. Leads projects with drive and courage to meet customer needs and business strategies. Builds highly engaged and high performing Multifunctional Project Teams with a strong focus on delivering the best products. Ensures regular interaction with key stakeholders driving alignment and exchange. Ensures project and resource information is correct, up-to-date, regularly reported and of high quality.
- Project Governance: Promotes and facilitates fact-based decision making. Leads, forms and engages Global Multi-functional Project Teams to develop co-owned project recommendations which are documented by complete, consistent and reliable information for decision by the relevant governance bodies (Regulatory Science Committee, Development Committee, R&D Portfolio Committee, Leadership Teams). Conducts formal technical reviews of progress at agreed stage gates in the Stage Plan.
- Idea Management and Project Portfolio Selection Process: Supports process to ensure that new development ideas are translated into sustainable project proposals. Works closely and consistently with Product Line Teams and Portfolio Management in supporting processes to ensure transparency, visibility, simplicity, and review for taking the best project portfolio decisions.
- Worldwide Processes and Tools: Drives projects for each product line in consultation with the Portfolio Management and Operational Excellence group. Promotes connection across and actively engages with worldwide Project and Portfolio Management Community to align on standards, methodology, tools, ways of working aimed at managing and reducing complexity, increasing effectiveness, efficiency, operational innovation & excellence and fostering customer-centricity and accountability.
- Can be the Product Line Lead for one of the CP product lines (Weed Control, Disease Control, Insect Control, Biologicals, SPS, Seedcare). This involves being single point of contact for CP Product Line Heads and Product Managers for product line-specific project and program progress as well as product line-specific support to the portfolio managers.
- Build and lead engaged teams of internal and external resources co-owning and driving the project outcome to meet time, cost, quality, benefits case targets and ensure customer value
- Drive cultural development within project teams and proactively support change across the worldwide community to foster courage, accountability, trust, entrepreneurial spirit and a strong can-do mentality
- Define and drive project scope, plan, resourcing, risks/issues, reporting and delivery – ensure high quality change management approach
- Secure effective (senior) stakeholder engagement, sponsorship, intervention and approval
- Secure effective business impact and embedding of required transformation into the organization
- Drive professional and effective project management
- Maintain standards and compliance throughout
- Secure a smooth and effective handover to steady state operations
Experience required for the job:
Critical experience: Work experience:
- 2-4 years minimum work experience in project management
- 5-9 years minimum work experience overall. Including a technical role or external experience in agrochemical or relevant industry and cross cultural/International experience.
- Degree: BS, MBA or higher
- Language Skills: Advanced English
- Project Management Certification: PMP or equivalent (preferable)
Experience to be gained in the job:
General CSF for the role:
- Develop engaged project teams with clear focus on the outcome and customer value.
- All projects and programs have a clear scope, and visible plans accessible to the global community.
- Work as a seamless and highly engaged, accountable team across the CP R&D Project Management Team to manage and deliver all assigned global projects in the multi-project portfolio aligned with crop and asset business strategies on time, scope and budget with quality.
- Improve processes and effectiveness by providing appropriate planning solutions with the aim of simplicity while providing transparency to stakeholders dependent on the data.
- Ensure all global projects are supported by adequate business information co-owned by an engaged project team, consistent with business strategy meeting customer needs.
- Drive cultural change within project teams and function.
What we offer:
We offer a variety of financial and non-financial benefits including:
- We offer a position which contributes to valuable and impactful work in a stimulating and international environment
- Flexible working arrangements and environment with an open culture and diverse workforce
- The opportunity to work with and learn from highly qualified and experienced employees
- Learning culture (Together we Grow) and wide range of training options
- You will profit from a competitive pension fund plan, annual bonuses, onsite doctor, gym, canteen, and other benefits (Family friendly initiatives, Child and Family allowance…)
Learn more about our team, our mission and how we achieve our goals.
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.