1plusX is a global marketing technology company helping media companies and marketers to unlock the full value of their marketing data. 1plusX’s core product, our AI-driven marketing intelligence platform, takes in a client’s data, enriches it, turns it into precise customer and asset profiles in real-time and finally activates it on relevant online channels. With enhanced data quality, expanded reach, and increased targeting accuracy, users of the platform can substantially improve their bottom line. Our company’s name ‘1plusX’ is a formula for modern marketing success, where data plus AI-predictions create the stepping stone for a competitive edge. Our founding team includes CEO Jürgen Galler (ex-Google), Thomas Hofmann (ex-Google; ETH Zurich), and Joachim Schoss (founder of Scout24). Today, 1plusX operates in Europe, Asia and the US
About the role
- You work with and learn from a talented team of engineers
- You support us in developing our data management platform using state-of-the-art cloud technologies
- You use storage systems and develop a large-scale streaming/query system handling Terabytes of data
- You systematically work towards strict metrics (performance, resource usage, reliability)
- You lead periodic rapid refactorings that keep the application code fresh, flexible and reusable
- You integrate various machine learning models and components
- You provide input to the technology roadmap; innovate and bring new challenging ideas to life
- 2+ years of experience in building large scale distributed systems
- Experience with web-scale systems handling TBs of data with 100k+ qps at low latencies
- Advanced knowledge of databases and messaging systems (e.g. Couchbase, Kafka)
- Advanced knowledge of modern architectural patterns e.g. REST, microservices, stream processing
- BSc/MSc degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- You communicate business fluent in English
Nice to have but not mandatory to apply:
- Experience with version control systems (e.g. Git) and cloud technologies (e.g. AWS)
- Interest in large scale data mining and machine learning
- In-depth knowledge in Scala, Java, or C++ and Python, Bash, or Perl
- Advanced knowledge of a batch processing framework e.g. Spark, Hadoop
- You recognize problems and help adapt to changing conditions
- You are a positive thinker and you are self-motivated
- You are enthusiastic about our products and the AdTech industry
What’s in it for you?
- At 1plusX, we highly value teamwork and we are honest, open, warm and direct with each other.
- We actively foster diversity and inclusion. Being a part of our growing team means that you will be supported and challenged because we all contribute together to our success.
- We promise that working with us is fun!
Some of our benefits:
- Equal pay framework to ensure equal pay and equal opportunity
- Virtual Stock Options
- Individual learning & development time and budget
- Flexible schedule of office work and at-home work and 4 weeks of "Digital nomad" time
We are an equal opportunity employer. We base our recruitment decisions on qualifications, skills, knowledge, experience and essential business requirements regardless of race, religion, color, gender identity, age, disability status or sexual orientation.
Notice for Recruitment AgenciesWe don't collaborate with recruitment agencies/consultancies. Therefore, we do not follow up on applications from such. All unsolicited CVs will be rejected, and 1plusX will acknowledge no referral fee.