At depsys, we’re passionate about cleantech and making a difference in the energy sector. Thanks to GridEye, our smart grid technology solution, we empower operators of low and medium voltage electricity networks around the world with intelligence and insights that simplify operations and help accelerate the energy transition.
depsys currently employs more than 40 people and is headquartered in Puidoux, close to Lausanne (Switzerland). Like all great companies, we strive to hire the best talent. Our core values are co-creating the future of electricity, empowering others and simplifying lives.
Do you want to be part of the depsys success story and become one of our depstars?
In that case, we’re looking for an enthusiastic and experienced
Senior Electronic Engineer
The depsys solution called GridEye combines devices with extensive measurement, communication and control capabilities. These are integrated into a complex IoT environment to solve many challenges specific to the electrical grid. This position offers a wide range of responsibilities, from design to industrialisation, covering several engineering fields.
Mission / Responsibilities
- Be part of the device segment engineering team and act as the senior electronics expert for designing our next product range
- Analysis of requirement and concept of integration of devices in different electrical grid environments
- Specify concept and define electronic constraint in collaboration with the whole engineering team and technical account manager
- Perform schematic and layout specification design
- Perform board bring-up and engineering validation testing of or core solution system (metering)
- Work closely with other technical fields (firmware, mechanical, test, research, subcontractors) to support ongoing design tasks on projects
- Work with supply chain stakeholders and suppliers in component selection
- Participate in product compliance assessment
- Participate in the development and improvement of the manufacturing/assembly/testing process.
- Support customer technical requests for our existing solution
- Studied electronic design as part of a Master’s or bachelor’s degree in microtechnics or electronics engineering
We are looking for
- Demonstrated experience in electronic industrial design with successful project track records
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in a similar position
- Specialised in analogue electronic design with good overall electronic field understanding
- Able to manage design dedicated to harsh EMC constraint environment
- Experience in electrical metrology with a good knowledge of IEC 61557-12 and IEC 62586-1 product standard
- Able to consider the constraint of electrical safety in new designs. (IEC 61010)
- Master DFx – cost, assembly, yield, reliability, testability
- Experienced user of ECAD and simulation software (Altium designer, SIMetrix/Spice, Matlab)
- Able to design product under "worst-case" constraints (component sizing/derating according to reliability target, component sizing vs production tolerance)
- Experience in UL, CB scheme would be a plus
- Good knowledge of embedded systems (ARM Cortex-A or M platform) is a plus
- Good knowledge of signal processing methodologies is a plus
- Experience in digital circuits and layout, including I2C, SPI, RS485, Ethernet, is a plus
- Experience with C and Matlab is a plus
- Familiar with Agile methodology (Scrum)
- Strong organisation skills and a methodological mindset.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and French
We offer you
- The opportunity to directly shape the evolution of the energy sector within a company passionate about cleantech at the intersection between energy, technology, and sustainability
- Build capability within a highly ambitious, motivated and performing team
- A dynamic, open-minded culture backed by high performing entrepreneurs
- An informal and multicultural environment with an emphasis on self-management
- The chance to be part of the next chapter in the depsys success story
Share on social
Duration: Permanent contract
Starting date: Immediate or to be discussed
Job application deadline: -
Workplace: Puidoux, near Lausanne, Switzerland
Contact: Talent Acqusition
+41 (0) 21 546 23 00