Careers that Change Lives
Integrated Health Solutions (IHS) team members are seasoned professionals with in-depth knowledge of the healthcare value chain and logistical performance, as well as breadth of experience across multiple disciplines. They are able to partner with hospital management teams to drive complex transformational change, implement innovative growth strategies, streamline patient-focused care pathways and optimize operations, while delivering a managed on-site service focused on material and equipment management.
A day in the Life
Reporting to the Service Delivery Lead for the Region, the Senior Material Management Analyst (MMA) is responsible for the day to day materials management operations within the clinical setting for the IHS Managed Service. Utilizing the inventory management system, the MMA will be responsible for ensuring that the local booking of delivered stock and consumption reporting by hospital staff is accurate and conforms to work instructions and good practice. As a Senior Material Analyst will develop and lead actionable plans for improvement and costs savings initatives within their work environment.
Main responsibilities include:
- Subject Matter Expert: Be the subject matter expert relating to the Inventory Management System and monitor & follow up in case of product errors, therefore be the local point of contact for all related issues, updates and enquires. Understand interaction between IMS and hospital system(s). Executing, planning and monitoring the ordering, receipt, storage and consumption processes on-site for the product portfolio of all suppliers in scope, including management of the settings that drive system activity. Being fully aware of the financial impacts of these activities. Maintaining accurate data, both Master Data and inventory data, and able to execute all related processes as well as to coordinate and process validation activities. Complete on time and accurate procedure validation, following up any discrepencies with the appropriate key stakeholders.
- Obsolescence & short UBD (Use By Date) Management: Monitor and implement initiatives to decrease the obsolescence risk to the hospital solution portfolio, PAR Level Management and performance of regular cycle counts. Management of performance indicators through trends and logs: SOGL per quarter reporting.
- Returns: Solely responsible to be main point of contact and organize all returns to all suppliers through agreed processes, liaise with IHS Back Office and manage hospital expectations around this.
- Reports: Run all daily, weekly and adhoc reports as per IHS processes. Create and manage error logs, report and follow up on issues to suppliers and feedback information to hospital. Monitor consumption patterns and identify, analyze and discuss deviations from the standard, to build ‘best standard’ continuously.
- Process Improvements: To initiate and lead improvement projects, with a key focus on local and broader process improvement initiatives in the area of materials management and consumption, end-user experience. Share knowledge and best practices with/from other accounts. Review all current processes, update, create and document, in-line with current IHS standard operating processes and site specific working instructions.
- Support product entry planning and execution: Partner with all applicable hospital and IHS teams to ensure timely set up, ordering and delivery through all applicable systems. Review stock levels in regards to new product launches. Destock and order new products, liaise with IHS Back Office to add to system and SAP. Support product entry planning and execution:
- Equipment: Responsible for reporting any failure of equipment to IHS when highlighted by the hospital Lab Staff. Keeping a detailed log of dates and times of notification, downtimes and restored equipment function
- Support and Partner with IHS Capabilities: Proactively work to improve local and internal processes and end user experience at the sites.
- Support the Medtronic Service Delivery Manager: Proactive in report generation and audit to fulfill contract obligations. Deputise for the Manager duringtheir absense. Support and facilitate the onboarding of new team members.
- Partnership development: Work in partnership with members of the multidisciplinary team to create and manage critical product list, specialty products and review levels as required.
Must Have – Minimum Requirements
- Advanced standard of education (Bachelor degree or similar)
- Proficient in English and French languages
- 4-7 years experience in a Supply Chain environment
- Expert knowledge of Excel and MS-Office suite
- Flexibility - Travelling to other accounts in your designated work area or Europe may occur occasionally. This post requires you to be on-site in the clinical area daily Monday-Friday with some possible weekend work due to cycle count requirements.
Nice to Have
- Prior experience of working in a Hospital environment
- Project management and/or Change management experience
- Worked in International multi-layered matrix organization
- German and Italian languages
- General knowledge of healthcare / hospital practices and standards
- Excellent communication skills, facilitation and problem solving skills
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be. We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.