Hobson Prior are currently looking for a Scientist to join a world-wide healthcare organisation in Switzerland on a contract basis. This client's mission is to offer medical solutions to change people's lives.
Please note that to be considered for this role you must have the right to work in this location.
- The designing, preparing and implementation of experiments, data interpretation and presentation.
- Generation of reporter assays to characterise and optimise inducible gene expression systems.
- Creation and characterisation of engineered cell lines to study neurological diseases in mammalian cells and hiPSC-derived neurons.
- Vector design and generation of AAVs.
- An attitude for sustained learning. You are a creative and proactive solution seeker who has a sense of urgency to drive projects forward.
- Capability to work collectively across teams and foster an environment that is open to sharing ideas, know-how and best practices.
- You are an efficient communicator with the ability to adapt to a wide range of audiences, within a lab setting, with the scientific community within and outside the company, and with project teams. You can adapt your style to the needs of the audience.
- PhD in Biology (or a closely related field).
- At least 3 years of experience (PhD is included in this). Please note Post Docs of around 4 years are considered, more would be overqualified for this position.
- Robust hands-on experience with a wide range of cellular and molecular biology techniques and cellular assays including cell culture, cytometry, siRNA/shRNA knockout.
- Experience in inducible gene expression system and synthetic biology approaches is beneficial.
- It would be desirable for the ideal candidate to have experience and expertise in utilizing state-of-the-art gene editing and cell line engineering technologies CRISPR-mediated genome editing, qPCR, ddPCR, cloning, stable and transient transfection.
If you are interested in learning more or applying to this exciting opportunity then please click "Apply" and upload a copy of your CV. Alternatively, for further details or to talk directly to a life sciences recruitment specialist directly, please select "Contact me" at the top of this page.
Hobson Prior is a leading life sciences recruiter focused on finding exceptional people and matching them with the finest positions across the globe. Hobson Prior is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.