Syngenta Group is one of the world’s leading agriculture innovation companies, with roots going back more than 250 years. Its 48,000 people across more than 100 countries strive to transform agriculture through breakthrough products and technologies that play a vital role in enabling the food chain to feed the world safely, sustainably and with respect for our planet. Swiss headquartered and Chinese-owned, the Group draws strength from its four business units – Syngenta Crop Protection headquartered in Switzerland, Syngenta Seeds headquartered in the United States, ADAMA headquartered in Israel, and Syngenta Group China – that provide industry-leading ways to serve customers everywhere.
Our employees reflect the diversity of our customers, the markets where we operate and the communities which we serve. We invite you to help us shape the future of agriculture. At Syngenta, we believe every employee has a role to play in safely feeding the world and taking care of our planet.
We are looking for a Data & Analytics Delivery lead Commercial Domain, Global IT at our global headquarters in Basel. In this role, you will:
- Engage and co-lead with senior business partners in structural capturing and understand Data & Analytics demand, collaborate with stakeholders during the visioning and concept development of a product. You enjoy taking a strategic consultative role.
- Act as the D&A Commercial leader to drive business transformation from legacy D&A solutions into automated Descriptive, Predictive and Prescriptive decision support solutions.
- Facilitate Portfolio management across multiple business functions in the context of fast growing demand and also outpacing the supply /resources available. Translate from technical to business, and vice versa.
- Develop scope and define backlog items and divide the workload across the Agile development teams.
- Solve product related problems, make decisions, complete trade-off analysis to stay on track towards business deliverable commitments.
- Understand end to end data management interactions and dependencies across complex data pipelines and models and how they impact D&A products.
- Develop a scalable delivery team of internal team members and external delivery partners to accelerate the go-to-market of our D&A services.
- Co-lead the D&A front-end tool strategy in the Commercial domain in both IT/Digital and Business.
- Identifies and help the client understand the D&A and IT business model, value and value proposition.
- Work with Chapter Leads to find the right people to fit the Commercial squads (6-10 teams, 50 FTE).
- Work with external collaborators to integrate their complementary capabilities into our D&A deliveries.
Experience / Previous jobs required for the job
- Proven track record in successful managing D&A and/or Commercial delivery teams.
- Overall 10-15 years of D&A management experience, including decent command of Commercial domain expertise and understands the related Commercial data solutions like SAP-BW, SFDC, etc.
- Ability to manage supplier resources and handle escalations as needed.
- Experience in building and leading teams in an agile matrix organization.
- Working with different levels of the organization (business and IT)
- Demonstrated career experience in multiple domains (e.g. IT, Commercial, P&S, Finance, Consulting)
Critical knowledge and education required for the job
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in informatics, computer science, or related D&A fields with 10 years of relevant experience in D&A and Commercial areas.
- Multiple years of business or IT experience in Commercial domain.
- Experience in Cloud based ELT, Big Data tools, infrastructure, analytics and visualization
- Experience running Scrum/Agile development practice (ideally as product owner or scrum master).
What we offer:
We offer a variety of financial and non-financial benefits including:
We offer a position which contributes to valuable and impactful work in a stimulating and international environment
Flexible working arrangements and environment with an open culture and diverse workforce
The opportunity to work with and learn from highly qualified and experienced employees
Learning culture (Together we Grow) and wide range of training options
You will profit from a competitive pension fund plan, annual bonusses, onsite doctor, gym, canteen, and other benefits (Family friendly initiatives, Child and Family allowance…)