GF Machining Solutions is one of three divisions of GF, headquartered in Biel/Bienne (Switzerland). GF Machining Solutions is one of the world’s leading providers of complete solutions to the tool and mold making industry and to manufacturers of precision components. The division is present in more than 50 countries with its own sales companies. The key customer segments are the aerospace, the Information and Communication Technology (ICT) as well as the electronic, medical, and automotive industries.
Software Development Engineer for Laser ProcessingSwitzerland, Meyrin
Within the R&D Laser process team, contribute to the development of the Software module that controls all photonics components of our machine tools.
- Work within Laser R+D process team, under the supervision of the process group leader
- Participate to the definition, specifications, brainstorming of the ongoing and future process developments
- Realize feasibility, development and integration of new equipments in the existing Software:
Laser beam positioning modules such as scanners
Other Photonic electro-optical devices
- Define testing plans relative to those developments
- Support the execution of tests in collaboration with our application and photonics engineers.
- Provide assistance to the Field Support / Service groups to solve complex issues related to Laser process control and application
- Development environment and know how of the following languages:
- Integration of equipments using the following protocols:
- Ethernet TPC/IP
- OPC UA
- Integration of equipments using supplier SDK
- Experience in industry, preferably machine tools
- Knowledge of Scanlab products and Pulsed Lasers is a plus
- Knowledge of optical principle link to laser ablation a plus
- Knowledge of CAD-CAM SW and 3D programming world a plus
- Good level of English
- Be able to work within a multi-request matrix organization
- GF assists its employees to maintain work-life balance, for example, by offering flexible work arrangements.
- Our employees contribute a lot to our success. This is why GF places great importance to career development. Annually, as an employee, you can discuss how to advance your career with your supervisor.
- GF enables its employees to spend quality time with their families after a child is born and grants them two weeks parental leave in addition to the parental leave provided for in the existing collective labour agreement. We also guarantee expectant mothers a full- or part-time job comparable to their previous job if they return to work within one year after the birth of their child.