Today, Ricardo is the largest online marketplace in Switzerland with over 2.3 million listed items and more than 4 million users. We give a second life to objects. Ricardo It is the paradise of bargain hunters, the happiness of collectors, and therefore the second hand is our (Swiss) DNA.
Ricardo is 22 years old and there are 150 Ricardos and Ricardas who are the wealth of the company whether they are in Switzerland (Zug), France (Sophia-Antipolis) or Serbia (Belgrade). While you were reading this text, 4 articles have already been sold on our platform. We have 2.3 million active ads, so if we align them with each other we will be able to join the offices in Switzerland with those in Sophia Antipolis.
Ricardo engineering is the largest part of EPD - a unified Engineering, Product and Design department. We work cross-functionally, with around 6 teams active on different topics at once. With over 50 engineers, and three offices (Zug - Switzerland, Belgrade - Serbia, Sophia-Antipolis - France), we work closely with our colleagues across borders.
You will be part of Ricardo Engineering, a remote-friendly department of 50 engineers located in three countries (Zug - Switzerland, Belgrade - Serbia, Sophia-Antipolis - France).
When it comes to mobile, our app experience is uniquely enabling customers to stay responsive when they are on the go whether they want to win an auction or to communicate with other customers. We want to provide a clean, simple, easy to use, addictive and fun customer experience.Role & Responsibilities
- Build efficient and maintainable systems (apps and APIs)
- Monitor and solve issues
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Share best practices with others and help establish engineering standards
- Collaborate with User Experience Designers, Product Managers and other Software Engineers to improve our mobile apps
- 3+ years of industry experience building mobile apps for iOS with Swift
- A bachelor's/master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience building REST-APIs
- Loves to write clean, reusable code and have a passion for mobile development inside and outside of the office
- Experience of working with CI/CD tools and test frameworks on iOS
- Familiarity with MVVM, MVP or VIPER.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Experience with Agile Methodologies
- Fluent in English (German / French is a plus)
Nice to have:
- Experience with reactive programming using RxSwift and RxCocoa
- Experience with Android development, Kotlin/Java.
- Experience performance profiling with instruments in Xcode
- Multiple applications published in the App Store
- Strong engineering culture, empowerment and trust
- Working on a very popular product (90% recognition) in Switzerland
- Training and conference budget available for every Engineer
- An opportunity drive innovation by proposing and implementing engineering projects
- Central office close to Zug main station with great public transportation access (25 minutes from Zurich, 20 minutes from Luzern)
- Video games, table soccer, sports offering over lunch
- Free coffee, affordable beverages for breakfast and lunch
- Access to Headspace, a digital platform to take care of your mental health
- Home office possible also after the Covid period