Syngenta Group is one of the world’s leading agriculture innovation companies, with roots going back more than 250 years. Its 48,000 people across more than 100 countries strive to transform agriculture through breakthrough products and technologies that play a vital role in enabling the food chain to feed the world safely, sustainably and with respect for our planet. Swiss headquartered and Chinese-owned, the Group draws strength from its four business units – Syngenta Crop Protection headquartered in Switzerland, Syngenta Seeds headquartered in the United States, ADAMA headquartered in Israel, and Syngenta Group China – that provide industry-leading ways to serve customers everywhere
About Syngenta Foundation for Sustainable Agriculture (SFSA):
The Syngenta Foundation for Sustainable Agriculture is a non-profit organization that seeks to create value for resource-poor smallholder farmers in developing countries. SFSA’s vision is a bright future for smallholder farming. Its mission is to strengthen smallholder farming and food systems by catalyzing market development and innovation, while building capacity across the public and private sectors. The Syngenta Foundation is a separate legal entity, currently working in about 15 countries in Asia and Africa.
- Develop and manage selected policy research projects in the Foundation in support of the Head of Agricultural Policy
- Help SFSA better understand the changing context we operate in, in terms of evolving relevant trends in the agri-food systems, including policy and value chain shifts
- Support country teams in aligning their activities with the Foundation’s strategy, especially in the context of delivering climate-smart and resilient agriculture objectives
- Support sustainability analysis, policy advocacy, partnership, and external engagement activities
- Support Head of Agricultural Policy in planning and implementing selected policy research projects, including conducting research and analysis in strategic areas of interest
- Monitor trends in the agri-food systems, and lead content development of SFSA monthly Policy Newsletter
- Formulate strategy papers and policy briefs on various themes that help better position the Foundation in the rapidly evolving environment of agriculture, global food security and systems strengthening, and climate change.
- Support the development and execution of SFSA’s climate-smart, resilient agriculture agenda, and conduct strategic analysis, market research and intelligence, and economic, financial and other relevant analysis to support the execution of the SFSA’s strategic initiatives
- Support Head of Agricultural Policy and the R&D function in partnership development, including resource mobilization, for Policy portfolio, climate-smart and resilient agriculture, and soil health related initiatives (in conjunction with the Partnerships function)
- Support policy advocacy and external engagement, including through building and maintaining relationship with existing and new SFSA partnerships, and co-leading the SFSA policy advocacy engagement.
- Master’s degree in economics, agricultural economics, sustainability, public policy, or other related disciplines
- Excellent research, qualitative and quantitative analysis skills
- Experience of developing economic, financial and business analysis
- Significant knowledge in agricultural, food, trade and environmental policies
- Excellent writing and speaking skills in English; other relevant languages an advantage
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- At least 5 years’ work experience in the agricultural sector with private, public and/or international development sector
- At least 2 years’ experience on research and policy analysis (or strategy analysis) in international agriculture and demonstrated research and analytical ability
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.