Syngenta Group is one of the world’s leading agriculture innovation companies, with roots going back more than 250 years. Its 48,000 people across more than 100 countries strive to transform agriculture through break-through products and technologies that play a vital role in enabling the food chain to feed the world safely, sustainably and with respect for our planet. Swiss headquartered and Chinese-owned, the Group draws strength from its four business units – Syngenta Crop Protection headquartered in Switzerland, Syngenta Seeds headquartered in the United States, ADAMA headquartered in Israel, and Syngenta Group China – that provide industry-leading ways to serve customers everywhere.
Our employees reflect the diversity of our customers, the markets where we operate and the communities which we serve. We invite you to help us shape the future of agriculture. At Syngenta, we believe every employee has a role to play in safely feeding the world and taking care of our planet.
About this opportunity
The biologicals market is set to double in size over the next five years. Syngenta Biologicals aim to shape and lead this rapidly growing industry, securing market leadership by 2025. The team has the bold ambition to be the global leader in biological plant and soil health technologies, helping growers improve farm productivity and creating a sustainable future for people and nature.
We are looking for an experienced Supply Specialist who joins the Global Supply Team in Basel. In this role, you will ensure the delivery of the global Biological portfolio, coordinating with the relevant functions to operationalize contracts for the launch of new products, managing the forecast and running the S&OP process with the relevant global entities in Syngenta group.
You will need to have the ability to work independently and to collaborate in multidisciplinary project teams providing operational guidance and support for the successful execution of these projects. This requires leadership, customer focus, ability to manage uncertainty and risks, networking across regions and functions, combined with strong influencing skills and drive to achieve results.
Below an outline of the position
- Act as supply specialist for Biologicals, for the implementation of new production introduction and the cross selling opportunities in Syngenta group, onboarding relevant functions, coordinating inputs for the operational setup and driving resolution of operational issues
- Own and execute the annual planning calendar for the global Biological portfolio, ensuring that forecasting and supply processes are established, in accordance to planning standards and aligned with contractual terms
- Create and maintain balanced supply-demand plans for the operational 0 to 24 months horizon
- Anticipate supply constraints, develop alternative supply options, and drive proactive cross-functional and cross-geography communication and collaboration to achieve the right balance between inventory and customer service levels
- Prepare and facilitate key stages of the S&OP process and drive resolution for operational issues, collaborating with the relevant parties, functions and geographies
- Set and monitor supply chain KPI’s to ensure balanced performance, setting the change agenda for the sup-ply chain and actively challenging ways of working, developing and implementing improvements
- Ensure, in area of responsibility, Syngenta's full compliance with the applicable legal and regulatory framework as well as Syngenta's own legal and ethical, HSE, corporate security, risk management and corporate governance standards.
Ideal skillset & experience required
- A degree or equivalent in Business, Logistics, Sciences or Engineering is preferred but equivalent experience will be taken into account
- Successful experience in a Supply Chain Environment or equivalent
- Strong knowledge of supply chain tools and processes, mainly planning (SAP, APO, EDWH)
- Experience managing forecast, demand to third parties and supply planning
- Good understanding of sales & operations planning process and logistics is desirable
- Good understanding of the new product introduction process and master data requirements
- Previous experience with new technologies would be an advantage
- Supplier or Customer facing experience would be an advantage
- Project / Change management and OPEX mindset experience would be an advantage
- Managing risk and understanding trade-offs
- Strong influencing skills. Effective communicator across a wide range of international cultures
- Fluent in English (spoken and written)
We offer a variety of financial and non-financial benefits including :
- We offer a position which contributes to valuable and impactful work in a stimulating and international environment
- Flexible working arrangements and environment with an open culture and diverse workforce
- The opportunity to work with and learn from highly qualified and experienced employees
- Learning culture (Together we Grow) and wide range of training options
- You will profit from a competitive pension fund plan, annual bonuses, onsite doctor, gym, canteen, and other benefits (Family friendly initiatives, Child and Family allowance…)
Learn more about our team, our mission and how we achieve our goals.
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.