We are a Life Science and IT service provider that has been successfully carrying out 'state-of-the-art' projects for international customers for over 25 years, now. Our consultants mainly work on our customer's premises and therefore are incorporated in the client's project team.
We pride ourselves on being a dynamic forward thinking organization and we are looking for like-minded individuals that are driven by ambition and furthermore, highly motivated by challenging job opportunities, as well as financial incentives.
This is a great chance to maximize your earning potential with our attractive compensation and benefits model. Wega offers many opportunities of advancement for our colleagues and team members as well as an excellent work atmosphere, which are amongst the top values of our company.
Our group "Research & Lab IT” is seeking professionals with the below mentioned profile.
Data Engineer (lab domain)
- Analyze, configure and understand the output of laboratory analytical instrument/ equipment
- Configure data pipelines to send the data from instruments and equipment into the Google Cloud
- Develop converters to transform the file based source data into a standard format for
- Create APIs to make the data usable for a LIMS/ ELN and advanced data analytics
- Provide data visualization capabilities with dashboarding solutions (e.g Tableau)
- Adapt and optimize the existing software modules according to functional or requirement changes
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor or Master degree in either Biology, Bioinformatics, Chemistry or another life sciences discipline
Professional Skills & Experience:
- Strong programming experience (e.g. Python, Java, etc.)
- Experience in data visualization (e.g. with Tableau)
- In-depth knowledge of database principles and corresponding query language skills (e.g. SQL)
- Experience with Cloud Platforms
- Familiar with SCRUM methodology
Communication & Interpersonal Skills:
- Fluent in English and German (in writing and speaking), French is a plus
- Demonstrated diplomacy in dealing with internal and external parties
- Strong attention to detail; proven ability to successfully handle conflicting priorities
- Open to travelling 20-25%/year (within Europe)