The Ecole polytechnique fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL) is one of the most dynamic university campuses in Europe and ranks among the top 20 universities worldwide. The EPFL employs 6,000 people supporting the three main missions of the institutions: education, research and innovation. The EPFL campus offers an exceptional working environment at the heart of a community of 16,000 people, including over 10,000 students and 3,500 researchers from 120 different countries.
Python Software Engineer W/M
Your mission :
The aim of the EPFL Blue Brain Project (BBP), a Swiss brain research initiative founded and directed by Professor Henry Markram, is to establish simulation neuroscience as a complementary approach alongside experimental, theoretical and clinical neuroscience to understanding the brain, by building the world’s first biologically detailed digital reconstructions and simulations of the mouse brain.
The Blue Brain Project, is looking for an experienced Python Software Engineer W/M to strengthen the Neuroscientific Software Engineering team.
Main duties and responsibilities include :
Specific responsibilities include:
- Designing, implementing and maintaining a suite of software applications for the data driven building of models of brains and brain components
- Implementing best practices for maintainable software development, such as testing, continuous integration, rich documentation, adherence to coding standards.
- Interacting with scientific teams on the algorithms and data
- Playing a key role in education and support for scientific staff
Essential skills and experience required:
- Previous experience in the industry in a similar role
- Highly competent in Python
- Good knowledge of software design patterns and models of computation
- Good proficiency in following software development life-cycles, such as versioning (git), debugging, workflows, testing, QA
- Knowledge of the scientific software stack (NumPy, SciPy, …)
- Knowledge in distributed or parallel computing
- Knowledge in C++ software design/implementation
Your profile :
- Master’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
- Experience with software design and maintenance of medium-scale projects
- Detail-oriented, careful and meticulous working attitude
- Self-starter, fast learner, eager to expand your domains of expertise
- Proven ability to work both independently and in team-based environments
- Fluent communication in English (written and spoken).
We offer :
- An internationally visible and rising project in simulation-based research in neuroscience using supercomputers
- A dynamic, interdisciplinary, and international working environment
- An opportunity to gain access to new technologies as they emerge
- A beautiful working environment, based at Campus Biotech near the lakeside in Geneva
- Opportunities for skill development through training and conferences.
Start date :
as soon as possible
Term of employment :
1 year, renewable
Only candidates who applied through EPFL website or our partner Jobup’s website will be considered. Files sent by agencies without a mandate will not be taken into account