Incyte is a biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery, development, and commercialization of novel medicines to meet serious unmet medical needs in oncology and inflammation and autoimmunity. Incyte is committed to the rigorous pursuit of research and development excellence to improve the lives of patients, make a difference in health care, and build sustainable value.
The Company strives to discover and develop first-in-class and best-in-class medicines-advancing a diverse portfolio of large and small molecules.
Job Summary (Primary function)
The Associate Medical Director to Senior Medical Director, Oncology Drug Development is responsible for implementing clinical drug efforts for Incyte's oncology products (Phase I though Phase III).
Essential Functions of the Job (Key responsibilities)
- Provides medical and scientific expertise for internal cross-functional team members for development of specific anti-neoplastic agents including discovery scientists, medical scientists, biostatisticians, pharmacokineticists, pharmacovigilance and clinical operations.
- Interacts with global regulatory bodies including the FDA and EMA to accomplish tasks related to oncology product development and collaborates with internal regulatory experts and oversee the clinical research plans and sections for Investigational new Drug applications (INDs) and New Drug Applications (NDAs).
- Facilitates the development of key internal and external documents pertaining to product development including clinical study protocol, informed consents, CRFs, CSRs, meeting abstracts, scientific journal publications, strategy documents and project plans.
- Collaborates with external vendors such as CROs, external imaging and laboratory resources, as well as global pharmaceutical companies for successful implementation and conduct of early phase and registration global clinical studies.
- Serves as a source for medical and scientific expertise in oncology for outlining design strategy and execution for anti-cancer drug development.
- Liaises with discovery science to facilitate and further the development of investigational agents from a preclinical stage to clinical development.
- Represents Incyte Corporation at key national and international medical and scientific meetings including participation in advisory boards with key opinion leaders.
- Detects and analyzes emergent issues during clinical drug development and develops and implements mitigating strategies.
- Works in partnership with medical affairs for successful launch of future antineoplastic agents.
- Implements the highest ethical and regulatory standards during the investigation and development of anticancer agents.
- Provides guidance for successful implementation and accomplishment of investigator initiated trials related to product development and life cycle management of a compound.
Qualifications (Minimal acceptable level of education, work experience, and competency)
- M.D. degree with a minimum of 3 - 5 years of experience in oncology drug development in a biotechnology or pharmaceutical company or instrumental role in sponsore-initiated trials.
- Board certified or eligible in Oncology preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a face paced international environment.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications. Management reserves the right to change or modify such duties as required.
We Respect Your Privacy
Learn more at: http://www.incyte.com/privacy-policy
- Incyte hiring organization processes your personal data to manage your job application in order to enter into an employment relationship with you if you are the successful candidate.
During the process, you may be asked to respond to questions that will screen out your application if you do not meet certain objective criteria required by the job. You can learn more about this process here.
You may have the right to access, delete, restrict, edit, move, or object to the use of your personal data. You may also have a right to report concerns to the authority responsible for data privacy in the country where the position is based or where you live or work.
You can learn more about Incyte’s data protection practices here. By accessing this link you can learn about the types of personal data we collect, how we use it, whether collection and processing is optional, sources of the personal data we process, how it is shared, where it is stored or transferred to, how long we keep it, and contact information for Incyte, Incyte’s data protection officer, and your supervisory authority (if applicable).
Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns or would like to exercise your rights