- Experience with the deployment of SAP systems (Architecture, infrastructure requirements, sizing, disaster recovery, etc.)
- Background in any of the following: Cloud Architecture, Systems Design, Software Development, Infrastructure Architecture, Data Engineering, Analytics or Dev
- Technical Degree (Computer Science, Maths, Engineering or equivalent) and/or relevant tech experience
- Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English and German
- Passion for technology and for learning
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for a Solutions Architect to join our thriving technical community and growing business in Switzerland as part of the Swiss Commercial Team. You will join a friendly and supportive team, working together to bring the latest in disruptive cloud computing technologies to organisations serving our large enterprise customers, including businesses in manufacturing, media, pharma, retail, travel and other verticals. We help customers build a deeper understanding of hyper-scale cloud technology and application architectures, and we need to have the consultative and leadership skills required to drive successful outcomes.
As an AWS Solutions Architect, you will have ownership of the technical relationship with customers, making recommendations on security, cost, performance, reliability, operational efficiency and best-practice architectures.
Internally, you will be an advocate acting on behalf of the customer to help drive continual improvements to the AWS platform, sharing their needs and wants to inform the roadmap of AWS features and services. You will also help shape the future of the Solutions Architecture organisation by helping to hire, coach and mentor others.
In this role, your creativity will link technology to tangible solutions, with the opportunity to define or invent cloud-native reference architectures with the worldwide AWS Solutions Architect community. You will participate in the creation and sharing of best practices, technical content and new reference architectures (e.g. white papers, code samples, blog posts) and evangelise and educate about AWS technology (e.g. through workshops, user groups, meetups, public speaking, online videos or conferences).
If you can educate AWS customers about the art of the possible, while challenging the impossible, come build the future with us.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Work directly with strategic enterprise customers to accelerate their challenging, mission-critical projects and recommend best-practice architectures in line with their long-term business outcomes, especially (but not exclusively) in the space of SAP applications and Analytics.
- Build technical relationships with customers and operate as their trusted advisor. The best interests of the customer will shape the guidance you provide.
- Share the voice of the customer to inform the roadmap of AWS features.
- Participate in the creation and sharing of best practices, technical content and new reference architectures (e.g. white papers, code samples, blog posts).
- Evangelize and educate about AWS technology (e.g. through workshops, user groups, meetups, public speaking, online videos or conferences).
- Contribute to the growth of the Solutions Architecture organization by interviewing candidates and having a voice in hiring decisions. You will also be helping others develop new skills by mentoring team members
- Develop areas of depth in technical domains relevant to your interests and your customer's outcomes.
- Experience designing, building, refactoring or operating large scale and impactful IT systems -either on premises or in the cloud
- Working knowledge of cloud native architectures
- In-depth working knowledge of Data Lakes, Big Data and/or Analytics.
- Working knowledge in a technology domain such as distributed internet-scale web or mobile applications, DevOps, Serverless, Machine Learning, enterprise workloads (VMware, Windows etc.), high-performance databases (SQL and/or NoSQL), complex networking implementations, highly secured workloads etc.
- Experience working in a customer-facing role or a role which involved public speaking
- AWS certification (e.g. AWS Solutions Architect Associate or Professional) or other industry certification
- Continued or advanced learning (Master, MBA, PhD or equivalent)
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy/eu ) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify, and build.