- More than 5 years of experience of leading projects in Financial Services
- More than 50% of last 3 years spent as a Technical Project Manager
- Ability to demonstrate successful delivery of Agile projects in Financial Services
- Software delivery knowledge, skills and experience utilizing Agile methodologies
- Experience of leading teams with technical roles
- Experience of leading teams of more than 5 people with project budgets over $500K
- One or more active project management certification with an emphasis on Agile: APM, CSM, PMI-ACP, PMP, SAFe (Scaled Agile)
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Ability to work in English, plus local national language if different from English
- Ability to travel to client locations across EMEA and worldwide to deliver professional services as needed
Are you an experienced project manager with a background in financial services consulting and/or technical delivery leadership within a bank or insurance company? At Amazon Web Services (AWS), we’re hiring a Global Engagement Manager to build and lead teams of consultants that deliver our most complex projects.
AWS Professional Services, Global Financial Services (GFS) engage in a wide variety of projects for customers and partners, providing collective AWS customer experience, best practices, and obsessing about strong success for the Customer. Our team collaborates across the entire AWS organization to bring access to product, service, and training teams, to deliver the right solutions and drive feature innovations for our customers across the world’s largest global banks, insurance companies, capital markets and financial services software vendors. These professional services engagements focus on the full platform of AWS customer solutions to help our customers and partners remove constraints and accelerate their journey to AWS.
In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring the successful delivery of engagements with global delivery teams for EMEA customers. You will expedite stakeholder alignment, team cohesion and risk mitigation while ensuring feedback loops close the engagement lifecycle. You will assist in training internal teams in agile development/framework best practices, utilize the framework to accelerate both innovation and migration scenarios with customers and be a strategic business partner.
EMERGING TECHNICAL LEADERSHIP
- As a Consultant you will manage projects independently and also deliver as part of larger teams.
- You will work with customers and partners internalizing their context while using your business and technical skills to design solutions based on requirements and constraints. You will own and complete key tasks and deliverables, and collaborate with others to define and implement optimal, complete solutions based on stakeholders needs.
- You will work towards customer business outcomes, ensuring there is a strong connection between delivery activities and business objectives.
- As an Amazonian leader you will demonstrate the Amazon Leadership Principles, coaching and mentoring others on best practices, performance and career development.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ABILITIES
- Lead teams of AWS delivery consultants who will be responsible for the successful delivery of projects with our most strategic customers
- Teach customers, partners and internal teams on our agile delivery framework and continue to develop and iterate on the current methodology
- Drive a consistent project/engagement experience for our customers through our Engagement Manager community
- Work as a strategic business partner to help customers achieve their business outcomes and help to drive innovation throughout the engagement life cycle
- Deliver and manage multi-stream technical engagements with partners and customers. Create and deliver executive level and detailed status reports that properly communicates a project’s progress and financials tailored to the audience. The Engagement Manager is responsible for managing customer expectations, managing AWS delivery consultants, and managing the scope and budget of each individual project.
- Guardianship of project delivery quality (Delivery Quality Bar raisers), providing oversight of engagements, leading scope definition and statement of work development with customers
- Defining and implementing simple and agile processes to enable consistent high quality delivery with excellent customer experience, and performing regular quality reviews with our customers
- Owns the customer satisfaction results, feedback, corrective actions and distributes learnings in a way that continually increased customer satisfaction
- Documents and uses completed projects, inclusive lessons learned, to communicate and educate to the entire sales force of the EMEA-Wide ProServe capability
- Ability to demonstrate successful Agile delivery of public cloud initiatives to establish public cloud foundations, Proof-of-concepts, Internet-facing public cloud applications, application migrations from on-premise to public cloud, call centre rollouts, grid computing, data analytics or machine learning at major banks and insurance companies
- AWS certifications: Cloud Practitioner and Solutions Architect, SysOps Administrator, Developer Associate exams
- Enterprise Architecture certifications such as TOGAF, ITIL or COBIT
- Experience of leading teams with operational roles
- Experience or managing projects across different geographies
- Experience of entrepreneurial activity; building start-ups and generating new business ideas