Debiopharm is an independent biopharmaceutical company based in Switzerland with an ongoing commitment to research in oncology and bacterial infections in order to improving patient outcomes and quality of life. Our main activities include drug development, drug manufacturing and digital health investment. Debiopharm International SA aims to develop innovative therapies that target high unmet medical needs. Bridging the gap between disruptive discovery products and real-world patient reach, we identify high-potential compounds for in-licensing, clinically demonstrate their safety and efficacy and then select large pharmaceutical commercialization partners to maximize patient access globally.
Debiopharm International S.A. identifies high-potential compounds for in-licensing, conducts clinical development and then selects large pharmaceutical commercialization partners to maximize patient access across the globe.
For our Translational Laboratory in the Bioanalytical service, based at our Headquater in Lausanne, we are looking for a
R&D Bioanalytical Laboratory Technician
In this role, you will perform laboratory activities within our Translational Laboratory, to support novative Drug Discovery and Drug Development projects within Oncology and Infectious Diseases. You will contribute to Translational Medicine studies as an internal service provider and be supporting various pre-clinical projects, working on small, large (peptides…), metabolites or other molecules of interest in biological matrices.
Your responsibilities will be but not limited to:
- You perform bioanalysis studies/study phases in Drug Discovery and Drug Development projects within Oncology and infectious diseases fields
- You assist in developing and qualifying bioanalytical methods to quantify small and large molecule drugs, metabolites and other molecules of interest in biological matrices
- You generate, transform and deliver data in a timely manner, focusing on quality and traceability
- You operate and maintain laboratory instruments (perform routine maintenance and troubleshooting on laboratory instruments)
- You participate to the quality management system in the laboratory (review and write Standard Operating Procedures/Operational Instructions, maintain data traceability)
- You participate to the laboratory responsibilities (equipment system owner, sample reception/registration, chemicals/solvents/biological matrices inventories)
- You collaborate with other associates and scientists to facilitate knowledge exchange. Supervise the apprentice and the internship student when required
- Laboratory technician diploma in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Biology or a related discipline with a strong bioanalytical background
- At least 5 years’ experience as a bioanalyst, dealing with quantification of small and/or large molecules in the pharmaceutical industry
- You have both theoretical and hands-on experience with the biological matrices
- Strong experience in techniques and instrumentation employed in quantitative bioanalysis, including UPLC, mass spectrometry, sample preparation
- Experience in in-vitro DMPK and/or biologics/peptides bioanalysis is an asset
- You are familiar with regulatory guidelines for bioanalytical method validation and study sample analysis
- You are used to following Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and/or Good Clinical Practice (GCP) regulations
- Working knowledges of common computer software packages as well as instrument-specific control and data acquisition software’s.
- English and French mandatory (both oral and written)
- An international and highly dynamic environment, with a long term vision.
- The opportunity to join a successful company, at the forefront of the most advanced scientific developments in the industry and be exposed to many areas within clinical development and the pharmaceutical industry.
- The possibility to be in a company in which innovation, people and entrepreneurship are the fundamentals of its success.
The use of external staffing agencies or recruiters requires prior approval from our Human Resources Department. The Human Resources Department at Debiopharm requests external staffing agencies or recruiters not to contact Debiopharm employees or members of the Board of Directors directly in an attempt to present candidates.
Submission of unsolicited resumes in advance of an agreement between the Human Resources Department and the external staffing agency or recruiter does not create any implied obligation on the part of Debiopharm.
Debiopharm will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates themselves for either current or future positions.