Pexapark is a young, dynamic software and renewable energy advisory company with offices in Switzerland (Zurich), the United Kingdom (London) and Ukraine (Lviv).
Our vision is to help the global growth of green energy and making our impact on the world more sustainable. To this end, we want to become the SaaS-solution of choice in the renewables industry to buy, sell, and manage energy.
We are looking for Java Software Engineers (Backend or Full-stack) to join our effort to build the software suite that acts as the new Operating System for renewable energy companies. Our suite covers the full spectrum from sourcing, negotiating and closing PPA transactions to monitoring entire portfolios of renewable energy assets in terms of revenue and risk.
You will analyze, design and implement features to extend product functionality, as well as continuously work on reducing technical debt and improving the development process. You will work in a cross-functional team located in Zurich, London and Lviv.
- University degree in computer science or engineering (or equivalent)
- 3+ years experience in professional Java development
- RESTful services experience with JSON, how to make contracts an manage complexity
- Solid SQL knowledge, understand normalization and denormalization process
- Serious about test and test automation
- Docker / Kubernetes
- Willingness to work as a full-stack developer
Preferred working experience
- Microservice architecture
- Understand basic DDD principles like aggregate root and how to handle "complexity at the heart of software".
- Google Cloud (GKE, Cloud Run, CloudSQL) or equivalent
- Legacy and refactoring
- Spring and Spring Boot (and ideally the view that this is not always the way to go)
Nice to have
- Dropwizard experience
- JDBi3 Experience
- JUnit 5 experience
- Testcontainers experience
- Respect and appreciation of others
- Curiosity and a strong learning mindset
- Self-drive and willingness to achieve the goals you set yourself, even if it’s hard
- You’re proactive, and you share your ideas
- Ambition to deliver high-quality technical solutions and making sure they work exceptionally well
- Good communication skills in English
- Willing to travel to Switzerland occasionally (e.g. team events)
- High degree of self-motivation
- Strong analytical skills and ability to solve complex tasks
- Be willing to travel between our locations occasionally (once international travel is feasible again)
- Team player who enjoys working with others
- You should be based in Switzerland, the UK or Ukraine. However, if you’re truly exceptional, lack thereof will not be a deal-breaker
- A good sense of humor
- A start-up culture with flat hierarchy and no bureaucracy
- We use state-of-the-art infrastructure and technologies to build our products
- International team, working together with colleagues from across Europe
- Highly flexible work environment – both in terms of time and location
- We want you to continuously learn and grow
- Free choice of state-of-the-art developer machine (MacOS, Windows or Linux)
- 25 days paid vacation, paid sick leaves
Interested? Apply here and include a letter of motivation in your application - the more we know about you from your first communication, the more you will stand out! We're looking forward to get to know you.