We are looking for a Scientist to join our growing team here at Covance. Responsibilities are listed below but not limted to:
- Performs complex troubleshooting and assists in leading initiatives to solve challenging scientific problems with assays or instrumentation.
- Applies and interprets scientific theories, concepts, techniques and regulatory requirements in clinical studies and accepts leadership role in developing scientific approaches.
- Coordinates and performs flow cytometry assay validations for global implementation.
- Participates in data analysis review and approval prior to release
- Provides consultation to scientific and operational staff on technical issues.
- Responds to unscheduled deadlines, client needs, crises, etc. without neglecting other duties.
- Assists with regular monitoring and evaluation of clinical assays to ensure effective scientific performance.
- May provide technical training for operational staff.
- Provides technical/scientific consultation to departments outside the lab (i.e., Project Management) as requested.
- Contributes to long-term planning and technical policies of the department.
- Assists in managing scientific vendor relationships to troubleshoot issues and improve capabilities.
- Participates in client visits and teleconferences.
- Regularly reads literature related to scientific area of expertise to remain current in knowledge.
- Presentations to clients and professional groups.
- Attend meetings, conferences, symposia, and seminars to promote CLS’s capabilities within dedicated scientific area
Ph.D. in scientific area of expertise. Preferred: Board certification in scientific area of expertise.
1-2 years post-doctoral experience within scientific area of expertise. Additional relevant experience may be substituted for education requirements above.
Expert knowledge of flow cytometry: method development and data analysis.
Highly skilled in conducting research, data interpretation, and writing reports.
Experience performing scientific presentations and preparing scientific publications.
Knowledge of clinical laboratory automation, system software, Microsoft applications and laboratory statistics.
Effective communication skills with technical staff, business development staff, peers and clients.
Attention to detail and interpretation of scientific data.
Demonstrated problem prevention, detection and resolution.
Experience of method validation would be a plus.
Fluency in English in mandatory. Fluency in French would be an asset.