Your future at Agility
Agility Global Integrated Logistics is one of the world’s top freight forwarders and providers of contract logistics. It offers ocean, air and road freight, warehousing and distribution, and integrated supply chain services in more than 100 countries. Agility GIL also provides specialized solutions for capital projects, oil and gas, chemicals, and fairs and events logistics. GIL and its parent, Agility, are pioneers in emerging markets, and leader and investors in the use of technology to enhance supply chain efficiency.
Currently we are offering a job opportunity as
EDI System Engineer, 80% - 100%
In this function, you have a key role within Agility Switzerland to implement and develop EDI functionalities within our system environment.
- Analyze, development, maintenance, documentation, support of EDI applications:
- Mapping Requirement Specification (MRS)
- Interfacing to/from internal applications
- Setup communication links with EDI Partners
- Support of applications which run on local servers (EDI-Server, Web-Server, Abacus-Server,
- Monitor security & functionality (e.g. error messages) of all used technologies in conjunction with EDI and inform line manager about security risks and technical or financial issues
- Technical specialist to coordinate and support operational EDI projects
- A good general understanding of IT environments & processes
- Knowledge in standard IT technologies HTML, XML, TCP/IP, FTP, AS2, UN/EDIFACT/IFTSTA
- Ability to conduct and direct research into IT related issues and products as required
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple local projects simultaneously
- Knowledge in data bases systems DB2, SQL
- Knowledge in EDI development tools like CCCOMM7, GIS, VL trader
- Profound knowledge of all Microsoft windows tools and applications
- Fluent in English
- Additional German, French or Italian would be an asset
- Experience in Freight Forwarding & Logistics is an advantage
You will have the opportunity to work in a global, inspiring and highly dynamic environment within a motivated team, where you will have the chance to be actively part of building it up.
Interested? Please send your application to Mehmet Cetkin, Head of HR Switzerland, . Apply now.