Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
FIS’s award-winning Ambit risk management solutions enable financial institutions around the globe to avoid the next meltdown by quantifying and mitigating their risk.
We are looking for a passionate Application Performance Engineer for office in Zurich, Switzerland to help push the performance, scalability and stability of our risk management solution to the next level.
What you will be doing
- Collaboration with our DevOps team to improve the automated load & performance testing for our
- Specification and automation of performance use cases, analysis of results over time, creation of test reports and definition of tuning measures
- Technical consulting in performance questions for development and professional services teams to facilitate root cause analysis and to shape the future system architecture
What you will bring
- Experience with application performance testing/monitoring
- Solid understanding of relevant hardware components (CPU, RAM, I/O, …) with respect to performance
- Understanding of software aspects (Windows Server, IIS and SQL Server)
- Knowledge of some higher-level programming languages (ideally C#/.NET and T-SQL)
- Understanding of DevOps principles and technologies (Git, Bitbucket, TeamCity/Jenkins)
- Great interpersonal and English communication skills to interact with internal and external stakeholders around the world (mainly Zurich and Belgrade but also London, Melbourne, Pune and the US)
- Experience with performance profilers (e.g. SQL Profiler, DotTrace, WireShark)
- Knowledge of a scripting language (ideally PowerShell)
- Experience with Cloud hosting providers and technologies (ideally Docker and Kubernetes)
- Knowledge of VMWare/ vCenter solutions
- Experience with monitoring and visualization technologies (Tivoli, Splunk, Elasticsearch, OpenTracing, …)
- Knowledge of networks and firewalls
What we offer you
- A successful team working for a successful product
- Quiet and multi-cultural working environment
- Exposure to the latest technologies
- Training and further development courses
- Generous private accident insurance and leave entitlements
- Social events and release parties
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.