Syngenta Group is one of the world’s leading agriculture innovation companies, with roots going back more than 250 years. Its 48,000 people across more than 100 countries strive to transform agriculture through breakthrough products and technologies that play a vital role in enabling the food chain to feed the world safely, sustainably and with respect for our planet. Swiss headquartered and Chinese-owned, the Group draws strength from its four business units – Syngenta Crop Protection headquartered in Switzerland, Syngenta Seeds headquartered in the United States, ADAMA headquartered in Israel, and Syngenta Group China – that provide industry-leading ways to serve customers everywhere.
Our employees reflect the diversity of our customers, the markets where we operate and the communities which we serve. No matter what your position, you will have a vital role in safely feeding the world and taking care of our planet. Join us and help shape the future of agriculture.
We are looking for a Global Product Chemistry Manager for our Crop Protection (CP) Global Product Chemistry Team at our global headquarter in Basel, Switzerland.
In this role, you will:
- Develop and implement the global (or regional) Product Chemistry strategy for designated Active Ingredients (AI) and products to meet global business objectives and to ensure that regions and countries have access to a comprehensive Regulatory Product Chemistry position and documentation to gain and maintain national registrations in line with business needs.
- Provide regulatory expertise, advice, leadership and advocacy skills to business partners (Regulatory Managers, Product Managers, Technology&Sourcing Managers, Supply Chain Managers) for the allocated Syngenta portfolio from a Global Product Chemistry perspective to ensure that issues, challenges and opportunities are progressed and addressed in a timely manner.
- Represent Syngenta in cross-industry expert groups to monitor and influence regulatory developments and to raise awareness within Syngenta for any regulatory changes, which could have implications on the FTO.
- Strive continually to improve the operational excellence of Regulatory Product Chemistry.
- Support the Regulatory Managers with the development of a global/regional strategy for designated active ingredients whilst considering ongoing changes in global chemistry regulations
- Assist the Global/Regional Regulatory Managers in planning and scoping regulatory work programs by working closely and effectively with Supply Chain Teams and chemistry experts in other functions to define details of the registrations, data requirements and required regulatory study programs
- Manage the Product Chemistry data package for the portfolio of active ingredients and formulations including specifications, process descriptions and critical assessment of the data gaps and initiate commissioning of new studies with the Analytical function. Write/contract-out and deliver Product Chemistry dossiers on behalf of Regulatory Managers to meet global and/or regional and country needs (e.g. EU Annex II/III dossiers)
- Ensure, that ongoing Product or Process change projects of the assigned portfolio are progressed following the PPCC process to meet business expectations
- Provide global Product Chemistry leadership for the active ingredients and products of the assigned portfolio.
- Work as an effective team member for a designated group of active ingredients and provide regulatory expertise, advice and advocacy skills to business partners (T&P/Global Supply Chain Managers) for the designated active ingredients and products to ensure that consistent standards are implemented and that issues, challenges and opportunities are progressed and addressed in a timely manner
- Support the creation and maintenance of high-quality AI profile, critical endpoints and regulatory issues documents in the regulatory database using assessments from Analytical chemistry, Global Product Safety and Technology&Engineering and which are authorized by the Global Regulatory Manager.
- Maintain and develop personal capability and knowledge in areas of regulatory and technical expertise in order to participate in advocacy, lobbying and external influencing activities.
- Assist the production of global framework and other regulatory dossiers by provision of expert review of chemistry protocols and draft reports and by preparing expert technical texts such as chemistry datasheets, statements, and process descriptions.
- Continually challenge the operational excellence of the Regulatory Product Chemistry function.
- Lead important projects from a Product Chemistry stance with very significant exposure like New AI projects or complex Life Cycle Management AIs with little guidance (only very complex situations)
What are we looking for:
- Degree in chemistry, preferably to post graduate degree level
- Minimum 5-10 years of working experience in chemistry, regulatory chemistry, analytical chemistry or relevant development business area
- Preferably an in-depth knowledge of global CP registration requirements and regulatory chemistry issues
- Excellent team working and project management skills
- Strong Leadership skills
- Well-developed strategic thinking and advocacy skills
- Collaboration across functional and geographic boundaries with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Fluency in English. Any second language would be a plus
We offer a variety of financial and none-financial benefits including:
- Flexible working arrangements
- Annual bonuses and a competitive Pension Fund scheme
- Preferential conditions with insurance companies
- On campus health and fitness services
- Family-friendly initiatives
- We offer a position which contributes to valuable and impactful work in a stimulating and international environment #bringingplantpotentialtolife.
Sounds like your next step? We look forward to receiving your online application including all relevant documents (cover letter, CV, diploma, certificates)
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Primary Location: CHE-Basel-BaselJob: Business Sustainability - Regulatory & Stewardship