In Alpiq’s growth plans for the coming months and years, the reinforcement of our analytical teams plays an important role. In this context, we are proud to offer the exciting opportunity to join our Quantitative Analysis team in this newly created role. The Market & Quantitative Analysis team acts as an Alpiq-wide center of competence for the different trading units. It is responsible for developing and implementing the mathematical models and tools to simulate the energy market prices and underlyings as well as to optimize the assets, from long-term horizon down to intraday. This role sits on the trading floor at our offices in Olten, Switzerland. It’s a great opportunity for an experienced Quant with a commercial mindset and great collaboration skills.
Your main responsibilities
- Investigating and exploiting the different types of inputs, i.e., data of energy market prices and other market underlyings which influence the portfolio (like forward prices, weather forecasts, grid data, bids/offers data, auctions), cleaning data by signal processing methods
- Further developing and calibrating stochastic process models of the portfolio inputs (short-/long-term volatilities, correlations)
- Implementing and maintaining our quantitative tools for efficient simulation of prices/underlyings and for optimization of assets (valuation and hedging)
- Interfacing the quantitative tools to the company-wide systems for trading and risk controlling, automatizing operational processes
- Ensuring smooth real-time operation of processes, robustness of tools and infrastructure improvement (e.g., migration to cloud)
- Checking high output quality through regular benchmarking vs. market
- Proposing new approaches/metrics to condense and visualize dynamic information on the portfolio
- Supporting trading units in their daily use of tools
- University degree (preferably Ph.D.) in electrical engineering, mathematics, physics or econometrics
- Several years of relevant experience in a similar function with a profound understanding of energy and power markets, their underlying commodities, as well as meteorological influences
- Excellent analytical skills and strong expertise in statistical signal processing, stochastics, financial mathematics, quantitative modelling, etc.
- Outstanding coding skills, especially in Matlab and databases
- Problem solving mindset and pragmatic way of working
- Strong collaboration and communication skills, fluent English required, German and/or French is a plus
We offer you modern terms of employment and an interesting and multifaceted area of responsibility in an exciting, dynamic environment. Have we sparked your interest? Then please apply using our job application portal. Alpiq stands for equal employment opportunities. Designations of persons and functions apply to all sexes. Applicants from recruitment agencies can only be considered upon prior arrangement by telephone.
Alpiq Holding Ltd is a Swiss energy company operating throughout Europe. Its activities include the generation and supply of electricity, energy trading and energy management. Alpiq Ltd. is a subsidiary of Alpiq Holding Ltd. with headquarters in Olten.