Careers that Change Lives
The aim of the position is to provide leadership, coordination, and execution of key strategic initiatives within the EMEA Commercial Operations function, with focus on providing a strong data foundation, simulation and visualization, to support business decisions under the Remote Engagement and Customer Experience function.
The role will lead the end-to-end process from data sourcing, to aggregation, visualization, reporting, and dissemination of insights. It will require engaging the relevant stakeholders along the process, innovating in ways of displaying and presenting information. The role will provide harmonization and scale to the best solution where applicable, and adaption to specific OU needs when required.
The role will work in close collaboration with other regional Remote Engagement leaders, with the central functional managers, and with supporting functions as Commercial Analytics or Commercial Insights & Systems, to continue drive innovation, anticipate needs, and provide solid support to the Operating Units.
A Day in the Life
Data sourcing, contribution to data foundation
- Navigate IT systems and connect to the right stakeholders to source required data sets
- Source data from standard IT systems, CRM (SFDC, CIS), Web analytics (Google/Adobe), Campaign KPI (Eloqua), Lead generation/qualification funnel; access and integrate e-Commerce datasets (e.g. Spotfire, Vista, OTC and transactional KPI), access NPS information.
- Contribute with inputs to develop the IT data foundation project
- Contribute to data quality, in particular working with SFDC team and field teams, developing processes and rules, to ensure quality of the contact database
Aggregation into business views
- Be in the team to understand vision and objective, invent, propose, and independently develop solutions
- Connect datasets with the output in mind, simulate options and draft views, validate quality of the data and the ability to integrate, to produce combined reporting
- Analyze data from the full marketing/sales funnel and generate insights around demand generation effectiveness and revenue conversion to help optimize sales and marketing activities and processes
- Incubate reporting views with sample datasets, test before production and automation
- Simplify to relevant KPI into clean/concise view options for easy decision-making, simulate, propose scenarios, and iterate to final solution
Visualization, insights, exchange with commercial teams
- Support team and provide information to drive strategy forward
- Collect existing reporting from legacy groups, integrate, level-up to the best solution, harmonize (play-big) and tailor/adapt where relevant for the OUs (play-small)
- Present clearly and concisely, convert results into clean ppt, engage the organization, speak to right audience, work with RECX team and engage OU centrally/locally
- Initiate reporting and prepare automation, working with existing or new solutions (e.g. Tableau)
Dissemination and Automation
- Define and formalize final requirements to the IT team, facilitate and drive development of end-state standard dashboard, follow-through automation, support training and engagement of the commercial teams
- Prepare distribution and dissemination to the commercial teams
Must Have: Minimum Requirements
- B.S. /B.A. degree required
- 5+ years in business analysis functions (e.g. Commercial Excellence, Finance, Pricing), with proximity to business reality
- Strong analytical skills : able to summarize data and share relevant insights
- Able to display information under multiple views tailoring to the needs of the audience
- Commercial mindset, Business Acumen, Collaboration
- Business-wide view and understanding of final business application for strategic initiatives under discussion
- Creative and proactive to find and propose solutions
- working in collaboration with the team in supporting communication outputs using relevant data.
- Individual contributor, able to work independently, anticipating needs and providing cadence of deliverables
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work cooperatively and effectively in matrix environment, and manage teams indirectly
- Ability to communicate accurately and succinctly to various levels of management
Nice to Have
- MBA preferred
- Medical Device background plus
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.