Digital Biomarker Biomedical Engineer for Biomechanics, Gait and Passive Monitoring- openSim/ clinical / Python /English / Gait lab
For our customer a big pharmaceutical company in Basel we are looking for a highly qualified Digital Biomarker Biomedical Engineer for Biomechanics, Gait and Passive Monitoring
Pharma Research and Early Development Informatics team is the bridge between digital technology and science. We help drive medical innovation and are integral to the realization of truly Personalized Healthcare and the development of innovative treatments for our patients. Digital tools, such as smartphones or wearables, can now continually measure and collect vital health information – or „Digital Biomarkers“.
Digital Biomarkers are changing how future medicines will be developed and could lead to more personalized use of new medications that will transform the lives of patients. Advances in wearable devices, such as phones, watches, textiles or delivery devices, which track a patient’s vital signs and monitor for symptoms, all have the potential to vastly accelerate clinical development.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Work on large amounts of sensor data from smartphones and wearables collected remotely at the homes of participants using both dedicated walking tests and automatic data collection (passive monitoring) during the daily life of participants in clinical studies
- Develop robust algorithms to derive novel gait parameters dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis gait impairment
- Provide input into design and execution of gait lab validation studies
- Develop robust algorithms to quantify movement in different activities of daily life
- Use gait features to help deepen the understanding of how impairments induced by neurological diseases impact the daily life of a patient
- Drive the understanding of the data analysis results by clinical development programs through the development of compelling narratives and presentations
- Write manuscripts for peer-reviewed journal articles to establish the biological, clinical and patient relevance of data collected in novel digital biomarker approaches
- Contribute to the improvement and automation of the data processing and analysis pipeline across programs
- Very good university degree in engineering, mathematics, statistics, natural science or informatics
- 5+ year of hands-on experience with biomechanical (e.g. movement data such as accelerometer, gyroscope) data, optimally collected in neurological diseases
- Excellent ability to comprehend complex three-dimensional movements and their relation to sensor data
- Experience with data collected in typical Gait lab settings with state of the art sensors for gait analysis
- Profound knowledge in Python, R or similar software packages/languages
- Strong experience with analyzing and visualizing large data sets
- Excellent analytical, communication and writing skills
- Experience of working collaboratively within a large team and managing your time against competing
- Track record of writing compelling publications in high impact, peer reviewed journals
- Highly efficient user of MS Office, excellent PowerPoint slide writer
- Excellent in English; excellent writing skills
Nice to haves:
- Hands-on experience with OpenSim software
- Experience in a scientific role in the pharmaceutical industry, ideally with clinical studies
- Experience with software development processes and big data infrastructures
Reference No.: 919888 AD
Role: Digital Biomarker Biomedical Engineer for Biomechanics, Gait and Passive Monitoring
Should you find yourself suitable for this position then please send us your complete CV using the link in this advert. If the position is not a perfect match and you wish to receive other opportunities directly, you can send us your CV anyway via this advert or to jobs[at]itcag[dot]com. Contact us for further information regarding our company, our positions or our attractive payroll-only-program: +41 41 760 77 01.
ITech Consult is a certified ISO 9001:2015 Swiss company with offices also located in Germany and Ireland. ITech Consult is specialised in delivering IT and Life Science candidates for contract work. We were founded in 1997 by IT professionals; hence we well understand what it means to be professionally supported in your search for a new project and being employed.