Starmind AG is looking to hire a Data scientist Deep Learning for its development operations in Zurich, Switzerland.
Starmind is a pioneer in the field of artificial intelligence (AI). We believe in creating AI solutions that enhance human intelligence, not replace it. Our AI platform unlocks employees’ collective intelligence and expertise to supercharge productivity, innovation and career development. We identify subject matter experts across organizations, access undocumented knowledge and automatically create skill profiles in real-time.
Our customers include Fortune 500 companies and large non-profit organizations dedicated to giving their teams the tools they need to excel. Our international team is driven to create augmented intelligence that can tackle real-world problems on a global scale.
The Data scientist Deep Learning at Starmind works with both data scientists and software developers and needs a combination of skills from both fields. The Data scientist Deep Learning develops machine learning algorithms, especially artificial neural networks with several layers (so-called deep learning models). The role uses periodic neural networks, such as Long Short Term Memory (LSTM), to solve various tasks in the field of automatic natural language processing (NLP). The Data Scientist cleans text using common and self-developed NLP tools and transfers it into high-dimensional vector spaces (word/document embedding) in order to make similarity statements using cosine distance. The Data Scientist is also responsible for preparing theoretical Deep Learning models and prototypes for use in production systems.
Your Duties and Responsibilities at Starmind
- You do research on the best algorithms to tackle various challenges related to natural language processing, time series analysis, ranking, etc.
- You build prototypes, you set up automatic benchmarking procedures and you assess the scalability and robustness of different solutions.
- You follow new developments in machine learning and you attempt to reproduce relevant published results.
- You actively share your know-how with our other data scientists (which already includes specialists in areas such as natural language processing, recurrent neural networks and mathematics).
- You analyze the data generated by our application and generate insights into where and how machine learning algorithms could be applied to improve the user experience.
- You identify the most important KPIs to measure the performance of our existing algorithms and set up automatic monitoring and reporting for these metrics.
- You advise our developers on how to log data so that the usage and usefulness of all features can be measured.
- You work with our DevOps to improve the accessibility and scalability of our logs and databases.
- You have a Master’s degree of an accredited university in computer science, computer applications or similar field.
- You have at least 3-years of proven experience of data processing with Python.
- You are fluent in SQL (e.g. MySQL). Experience with ElasticSearch and/or NoSQL databases is a plus.
- You have minimum 3-years of proven experience of data processing with SQL.
- You have minimum 1-year of proven experience in HBase and Hive.
- You can produce scalable, reliable and easy-to-understand code in Scala and Java.
- You can write code for data processing in Python (using data analysis libraries such as pandas).
- You have experience with data visualization (for example using matplotlib or Grafana).
- You are familiar with a wide range of machine learning approaches. Hand-on experience with deep learning models for natural language processing is a big plus.
- You are passionate about the newest neural network architectures, but you also remain pragmatic and recognize that a simpler traditional machine learning model might work just as well for many use cases.
- You are always curious to try out new tools and libraries for the analysis and visualization of data.
- You follow new developments in AI and understand how machine learning algorithms can help to analyze data.
- You have a sharp eye for irregularities in a dataset and you will leave no stone unturned when looking for the cause of an anomaly.
- You have a good understanding of statistics, in particular regarding hypothesis tests and statistical significance.
- You desire to work in a small, agile team environment.
- You communicate proactively and work independently.
- You enjoy solving mathematical problems.
- You are perfectly fluent in English (verbal and written).
In this leading role, you have the opportunity to work in a dynamic, young company on a global scale, benefiting from a team of highly qualified specialists. You get the chance to develop and lead the operations with a high level of autonomy. You will set the path and implement the development and growth strategy of Starmind. You can expect a challenging and exciting mission within an innovative and multi-cultural environment. Are you ready for this challenge? Candidates matching the profile described above are kindly invited to send their full application.