GF comprises three divisions: GF Piping Systems, GF Casting Solutions, and GF Machining Solutions. Founded in 1802, the Corporation is headquartered in Switzerland and present in 33 countries with 142 companies, 56 of them production facilities. With more than 14'000 employees GF is the preferred partner of its customers for solutions enabling safe transport of liquids and gases, lightweight casting components, and high-precision manufacturing technologies.
Data is taking the world by storm through its countless benefits. You love data, you have a pragmatic mindset and you are not afraid of making a difference at the enterprise level?
Our Corporate IT Services & Support Team has launched a global initiative in order to route IT-related information efficiently through the enterprise. This journey will shape the way how IT services will be provided to our global Georg Fischer environment and creates an enormous aspiration for data transparency. Hence mastering this vital corporate asset is a challenge we are looking to get your support for. In this newly created role, you are an important part of this journey.
IT Master Data Engineer (m/f/d)Switzerland, Schaffhausen
- Build and own the global IT master data architecture
- Optimize data retrieval and maximize reliability, efficiency, and quality
- Translate business & system needs into data requirements and create interfaces and mechanisms for the sustainable flow and access of information
- Execute and scale data workflows by using common tools and languages such as Powershell, Powerquery, Python, SQL, Integration Services, and others
- Design solutions linking master and operational data identifying interdependencies of business and/or system changes
- Enable transparency and promote automation through a robust data architecture whilst always considering full compliance with data protection along the entire lifecycle
- Identify and investigate potential anomalies and take action on the appropriate resolution of those
- Manage stakeholders of the respective areas beyond project phases and continuously improve the IT master data quality with the aim to achieve global data excellence
- Degree in information technology/business informatics or similar & 2 - 4 years of professional experience in the field of master data engineering
- Proven experience with data migration & SQL integration services, ETL processes, and Azure Resource Management within the Azure Portal
- Familiar with commonly used file formats such as PHB, XML, JSON, etc. as well as languages like Python, Java, and PowerShell
- Expert in handling data from source systems and databases (SQL, LDAP, DAX, etc.)as well as a basic level of network skills
- Experience with Microsoft Graph, PowerBI, and Azure Active Directory is an advantage
- Ability to resolve new and complex requirements whilst considering dependencies and priorities
- Excellent communication skills in English and preferably also German
- Ability to work autonomously whilst feeling comfortable working in a dynamic environment
We offer you a very interesting and flexible challenge in a globally operating company. Have we sparked your interest? If so, we look forward to receiving your complete online application.
For additional information please contact Mr. René Paparusso, Talent Acquisition Manager, phone +41 (0)52 631 37 86.
Recruitment agencies: Please note, for this job opening, we do accept only direct applications