Ava is a digital health company with offices in Zurich, San Francisco, Belgrade and Makati that aims to advance women’s reproductive health by bringing together artificial intelligence and clinical research. Our wearable device, smart app and proprietary predictive algorithms empower women by giving them unique clinically researched insights and personalized data about their menstrual cycle, fertile window, and pregnancy delivered in a way that’s convenient and non-invasive. Ava was voted Best of Baby Tech at CES 2017, named a Women’s Health “Editors’ Choice” product and has been honoured as the best Swiss startup in 2017 and 2018. Our current key markets include USA, Germany, Switzerland and UK.
Would you like to join us on our challenging adventure?
- Handle and analyze large amount of physiological data
- Have a significant understanding of the source of the data
- Work closely with hardware, firmware, and clinical teams to improve quality of collected signals from wearable device
- Prepare and clean clinical and real-world data for further analysis
- Feature extraction and statistical validation of developed features
- Make suggestions for process and data improvement
- Manage and organize tools and methods used to store, process and analyze clinical data
- Manage and contribute to the development of algorithms related to women’s health
- Contribute to the implementation and documentation of developed algorithms in productive software
- Closely collaborate on SW development within the Data Science team and with the app development team
- Comply with our QMS standards and regulatory requirements and company processes
You must have:
- Master’s degree in Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or equivalent
- At least 4 years of working experience
- Experience with physiological sensor signals (PPG, temperature, etc.) and the processing and analysis thereof
- Profound knowledge of statistical and other mathematical methods and tools.
- Experiences with machine learning algorithms and tools (e.g. scikit-learn, tensorflow)
- Strong knowledge in Python
- Ability to work independently with a high sense of responsibility
- Fluency in English
- Swiss or EU/EFTA work permit
Good to have:
- Experience working with wearable devices
- Working experience with firmware and hardware
- Software engineering skills: experience in building production ready code, versioning tools, software testing
- Professional experience in the medtech and/or wearables
- Environment and knowledge in biology, medicine or pharmaceutics is strong plus
- Experience working in an agile setting
- Experience with AWS and Spark
- Experience working
Would you like to contribute to a highly motivated team and benefit from a fast-paced environment at the cutting edge of Artificial Intelligence (AI) for medical devices? If yes, please apply online.
We appreciate that you share our excitement for Ava. Please be aware that only complete applications (CV and motivation letter as well as relevant diplomas and work references) can be considered.
Ava – Revolutionizing women’s health
Linda Stougaard Nielsen, Manager Data Science
Should you not hear back from us within 4 weeks your application has unfortunately not been successful for the respective role.