BeiGene continues to grow at a rapid pace with challenging and exciting opportunities for experienced professionals. When considering candidates, we look for scientific and business professionals who are highly motivated, collaborative, and most importantly, share our passionate interest in fighting cancer.
Reporting to the SVP Head of Commercial Europe, the General Manager (GM) Subregion Europe plays a pivotal role in defining and executing the country/cluster strategy across competitive markets offering significant opportunities to give patients access to BeiGene´s portfolio. The incumbent will also be responsible to represent the company with high level, outside stakeholders, like payers and other institutional stakeholders of the country/cluster.
The individual is responsible to achieve the revenue and profit targets as well as the growth expectations. Besides, the GM Subregion Europe is accountable for the design and implementation of a strategic business plan in the respective countries. The individual is expected to lead a management team to help implementing the Subregion Europe strategy, in alignment with the European/Global strategy and approved by the SVP Head of Commercial Europe.
Essential Functions of the job:
- Provide exceptional leadership to a culturally diverse team, fostering an environment to drive high performance, engagement, accountability, empowerment, and behaviours fully consistent with the BeiGene values and culture.
- Foster a leadership culture which attracts, develops and retains high caliber candidates, helping to build and shape a talent pool that will continue to drive the future success of the global organization. Create effective internal communication and foster teamwork.
- Develop a highly committed leadership team, providing sound leadership and coaching, leveraging the expertise across the region as required.
- Establish an appropriate ‘tone from the top’ which emphasizes business ethics, integrity and compliance within a highly regulated industry.
- Provide strategic insight and direction to develop current and new business opportunities and maximize growth potential in the countries.
- Build the strategic direction and vision for the European Country and aggressively drive the growth across hematology and potentially other future franchises. Set ambitious sales objectives for in-market products and successfully shape the market and ensure exceptional execution of launch plans for new products.
- Manage the critical linkage between late-stage development, commercial planning, launch management, market access, on-going sales support, and marketing. Utilize effective life cycle management, including further indications and brand protection strategies, while interfacing effectively with regional and global leadership. Ensure that forecasted objectives are achieved. Design and be accountable for appropriate performance metrics.
- Establish strong relationships and act as BeiGene ‘face’ with major stakeholders in the field like relevant regulatory bodies, payers, politicians, industry associations, distributors and Key Opinion Leaders supporting the organization in achieving its goals and objectives.
- Ensure effective financial planning and review results to identify variances; develop action plans to address issues. Manage expenses to budget and deliver targeted profit contribution.
- Ensure execution of and adherence to both regional strategies and global franchise strategy.
- Drive business decisions whereby patient care is at the center of the business conduct.
- Ensure affiliates compliance across all GxP areas to maintain the highest standards of patients focused ethical conduct in line with our values.
- Consistently ensure that the affiliates within the European Country region operate in accordance with BeiGene´s Standards of conduct and all applicable local laws and regulations.
- Act as a key and active member of the European Leadership Team and other governance bodies to drive the strategic agenda of the organization.
- A seasoned senior executive (at least 10+ years of experience) with a background in general management, sales, marketing, in the pharmaceutical or biopharmaceutical industry. Demonstrated track record of delivering top line growth and bottom-line performance. A strong business orientation and the ability to approach issues from multiple functional perspectives.
- Broad knowledge of the country/cluster pharmaceutical industry and specific expertise in multiple therapeutic areas. Knows the science, clinical practices, market dynamics, competitive products, competitive selling strategies, etc. Experience in hematology is a strong asset, in addition to other specialty care disease areas. Launch experience in orphan setting is desirable.
- Expertise in providing extensive leadership to a region with a large cultural diversity, demonstrating the ability to apply high degrees of cultural sensitivity and empathy.
- Proven ability to build, lead, inspire, motivate and develop diverse and high performing teams in a matrix environment and remotely.
- Demonstrated success in a small but fast growing, entrepreneurial commercial environment.
- Superior interpersonal and organizational skills with high emotional intelligence. Excellent listener; inclusive; frequent and effective feedback/follow-up
- Effective communication at all times. Experience in delivering complex messages to various internal and external customers with a track record of effective and influential presentations.
- Visionary leadership style with experience in leading change and driving business growth and identification of new commercial opportunities.
- Strategic thinking and analytical abilities.
- Experience for strong cross functional collaboration (Medical Affairs, Market Access, HR, Finance, Regulatory, etc.) with the ability to view issues from multiple functional perspectives.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships at all levels of the organization and to operate effectively in a complex matrix organization.
- Proven ability of successfully managing complexity across multi-functional reports and building strong relationships.
- Makes things happen: has the right level of implementation skills.
Local commercial team either solid or dotted line; responsible of hiring, supervising and developing the team.
University undergraduate degree in science or business as a minimum; higher qualifications (MD, PhD, MBA) advantageous.
Computer Skills: Standard Computer Skills required (MS Office)
Other Qualifications: Fluency in both verbal and written English and the country language; any other major European language of advantage
Travel: Approximately 40% of time
Ethics - Treats people with respect; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently. Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time. Follows instructions and responds to management direction.
Communication - Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations. Writes clearly and informatively. Able to read and interpret written information.
Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed. Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Shares expertise with others.
Adaptability – Able to adapt to changes in the work environment. Manages competing demands. Changes approach or method to best fit the situation. Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and development areas; Pursues training and opportunities for growth; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
Project Management - Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. BeiGene does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.