Syngenta Group is one of the world’s leading agriculture innovation companies, with roots going back more than 250 years. Its 48,000 people across more than 100 countries strive to transform agriculture through breakthrough products and technologies that play a vital role in enabling the food chain to feed the world safely, sustainably and with respect for our planet. Swiss headquartered and Chinese-owned, the Group draws strength from its four business units – Syngenta Crop Protection headquartered in Switzerland, Syngenta Seeds headquartered in the United States, ADAMA headquartered in Israel, and Syngenta Group China – that provide industry-leading ways to serve customers everywhere.
- Manage the global procurement category “Logistics” including global functional leadership of regional and local procurement teams
- Support through partnership logistics leaders globally to develop best in class relationships with strategic and tactical vendors including Logistics transportation, Warehouses, Customs/Duties and technology middleware
- Develop, implement and maintain the procurement strategy of the global category “Logistics” in collaboration with the function in order to deliver value to Supply Operations
- Leverage supply market intelligence provided by Strategic Logistics Partners in collaboration with data provided by Syngenta, to carry out fit-for-purpose benchmarking that can translate into opportunities for improvement
- Identify and manage risk with partners ensuring adherence to operational compliance across all procurement activities relevant to the category
- Deliver agreed savings within the category ensuring no negative impact on logistics’ ability to service the business, including quality, operational costs, contract negotiations and time during season.
- Contribute and support in a collaborative way to changes in supply chain projects, for example warehouse footprint study or re-routing a supply chain, bringing visibility to impact on costs.
- Ensure that professional logistics procurement competency is employed by our 4PLs which ensures they are performing and managing our 3 & 2 PLs in line with our expectations.
- Provide strategic direction, coach and motivate a global team of regional category managers and procurement business partners
- Develop, implement and maintain the global procurement strategy in collaboration with Global Logistics, Procurement leadership team and the regional category managers. Ensure compliance globally.
- Reduce complexity in procurement operations and promote global standard ways of working.
- Closely monitor the procurement spend that supports the global logistics budget with key business partners, as a minimum Head of Global Logistics, Regional Logistics Head, Global Logistics Operations Manager.
- Lead the commercial component of negotiations and contractual reviews with partners as defined within the scope of logistics operations and agreed upon with the Direct Procurement leadership team
- Lead and contribute to multifunctional/multinational sourcing teams and/or projects
- Manage the global sub-category “global modes” and co-lead Syngenta activity with strategic logistics partners at annual and monthly business review meetings.
- Manage the supplier relationship and reviews with logistics partners supporting Syngenta with contract negotiations and annual and monthly business review meetings
You ideally come with the following skillset & experience :
- Several years’ of experience in senior positions in complex organizations, in supplier management and/or in supply chain
- First-hand expert knowledge and experience of logistics operations, categories, and suppliers
- Working in a multi-national, multi-cultural environment
- Knowledge of the relevant supply markets, trends and best practices in logistics
- Capability in developing sourcing strategies for the relevant procurement category logistics
- Functional leadership of a global team and global projects in a matrix organization
- Capability in negotiations, stakeholder management, commercial acumen, analysis & financial literacy
We foster a challenging, dynamic and supportive culture where people can thrive for excellence, build a rewarding career and achieve their full potential. With a diverse team across the globe, we contribute to valuable and impactful work that shapes agriculture of the future.
We offer a variety of financial and non-financial benefits, including:
- Flexible work environment
- Annual bonuses
- A competitive pension fund plan
- On campus health service and canteen
- Family-friendly initiatives
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status
Primary Location: CHE-Basel-BaselJob: P&S - Other