Syngenta Group is one of the world’s leading agriculture innovation companies, with roots going back more than 250 years. Its 48,000 people across more than 100 countries strive to transform agriculture through breakthrough products and technologies that play a vital role in enabling the food chain to feed the world safely, sustainably and with respect for our planet. Swiss headquartered and Chinese-owned, the Group draws strength from its four business units – Syngenta Crop Protection headquartered in Switzerland, Syngenta Seeds headquartered in the United States, ADAMA headquartered in Israel, and Syngenta Group China – that provide industry-leading ways to serve customers everywhere.
For our head office in Basel, the IT R&D team is hiring a new IT Platform Lead :
You lead a DevOps team providing a set of systems and services to deliver the Crop Protection R&D strategy and meet the ever-changing needs of growers.
You lead the Regulatory IT platform, systems and services to enable CP R&D teams to perform their work and create value through data and digital platforms.
You drive and execute the platform strategy in close collaboration with product owners.
You ensure that excellent IT services are provided to R&D by external technology partners, working with Syngenta colleagues. You drive the supplier relationships required for your platforms in partnership with the business, supply management and procurement.
You will be a key contributor to driving the digitization of CP R&D, constantly creating value in the short term, while keeping the longer-term ambition in mind.
You will proactively engage across the IT organization and R&D with the teams that can contribute to a specific implementation.
- Operate the CI/CD pipeline for the platform in line with best practices.
- Ensure the IT team is equipped with the required skills and capabilities to operate the platform.
- Promote digital and agile ways of working.
- Establish, maintain and evolve supplier relationships and necessary contracts, in partnership with the business, supply management and procurement.
- Actively manage the total cost of ownership of the Regulatory IT platform and work with the finance team to report accruals on a monthly basis.
- With the product owner and senior leadership, co-create the platform strategy and roadmap, underpinning our Digital Science agenda.
- Continuously improve the platform support model to guarantee meeting operational requirements, based on business needs prioritized by the product owner.
- Measure platform performance and benefits on a regular basis and provide visibility of the value generated through the platform.
- Partner with key stakeholders in R&D and IT to embed the platform in the wider technology ecosystem and enable maximum leverage across Syngenta.
- Engage with product owners to ensure a communication and stakeholder management plan for the platform is in place and shared.
You ideally come with the following skillset & experience :
- Graduate degree in information technology or a natural science.
- Solid experience with Agile change delivery and steady state operations (e.g. DevOps, SaFE).
- Several years of experience in managing one or more products / technologies in a life sciences environment.
- Initial track record in leading teams directly or indirectly in a matrix environment.
- Experience in working across countries and cultures in order to achieve solutions, including with external vendors and CROs.
- Demonstrated skills in working across teams to bring increased business value through seeing the bigger picture, collaboration and alignment of diverse needs.
- Demonstrated ability to bridge information technology with business strategies.
- Previous experience working in R&D and/or as a Product Owner would be an advantage.
- Strong Agile mindset, courage to take action and challenge the status quo.
- Customer focused with exceptional stakeholder management skills, being able to effectively facilitate consensus building between stakeholders.
- Fluency in English
We offer a variety of financial and non-financial benefits, including:
- Flexible work environment
- Annual bonuses
- A competitive pension fund plan
- On campus health service and canteen
- Family-friendly initiatives
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Primary Location: CHE-Basel-BaselJob: IS & Business Architecture - Platform Management