The University Hospital Basel is one of the leading hospitals in Switzerland. Due to our intensive collaboration with the University of Basel and the proximity to several major international life science companies, we are optimally positioned within an innovative knowledge transfer network that operates at the highest level of research, teaching and patient care. With approximately 7'100 employees from 86 countries, we are fully committed to our work and meet the highest professional standards. Join our team – Because our jobs offer more than elsewhere.
We are looking for a young, experienced researcher to join our Research Group as soon as possible but no later than May 1st, 2021. Our Research Group is part of the Division of Infectious Diseases & Hospital Epidemiology .
We offer a full-time position with a two-year contract (extension possible).
Post Doc / Scientific Researcher 100 %
- Support several research projects in the area of molecular and genomic epidemiology of antimicrobial resistant bacteria and other emergent microorganisms
- Coordinate, supervise and perform sample processing, whole genome sequencing and data analysis
- Develop and improve bioinformatic pipelines for genomic and phylogenetic analyses
- Develop and deploy creative strategies for integrating epidemiological and genomic data
- PhD in either field: Bioinformatics, Molecular Biology or Microbiology with proven experience in molecular epidemiology, preferably in the field of hospital epidemiology
- Several years of experience in Whole Genome Sequencing data analysis (Illumina, PacBio and Oxford Nanopore Technologies), as well as bacterial and/or viral genomics of human, animal and/or plant pathogens, comparative genomics of large datasets, phylogenetic analyses
- Extensively trained in Linux/Unix environments including high performance computing and fluent in at least 3 programming languages common to bioinformatics: Python, R, BASH, etc., as well as skilled in statistics and statistics software
- Thematically relevant publication record
- Excellent English language skills (spoken and written). Additional language skills (German, French, Italian) desired but not required
- S ophisticated academic working environment with the possibility to gain experience in the field of sequencing and molecular epidemiology
- Versatile and varied work in a university environment
- Broad range of opportunities for development and lifelong learning
- Attractive employment conditions
- A family-friendly employer
- Centrally located campus with easy acces to public transport
For further information please contact Prof. Sarah Tschudin Sutter, telephone +41 61 328 68 51.
Ms. Elisabeth Brodbeck, Human Resources, is looking forward to your online application (reference 17721).