We’re SwissBorg, a fintech startup headquartered in Switzerland, with offices in Tallinn, Toronto and London.
Our flagship product, the SwissBorg app, offers over 120,000+ users the best price and liquidity across 15 fiat and 12 cryptos, as well as giving them the opportunity to earn passive income with our new Smart Yield account. And the community is growing fast, with over USD 200 million in assets under management, weekly volume of over USD 50 million, and over 3,000 Premium users.
But that’s just the start in our mission to democratise wealth management by building products that allow individuals to manage their crypto assets at a touch of a finger. Whether you’re in Andorra or Zimbabwe, and whether your portfolio is worth one dollar or a million, SwissBorg gives you the best tools to learn about digital currencies and manage your wealth.
And this is where you come in...
You'll be collaborating closely with our talented Investment team to develop new products and support our existing portfolio of DeFi offerings.
Please note this is a fully remote role for a candidate who can be based anywhere in European timezone.
What you might be doing:
- Help to define the DeFi roadmap. Capture and report on the progress of the roadmap.
- Work Closely with the Investment Team in order to enhance our Defi Investment Methodology (i.e help to strengthen our Risk Management Processes). Help to define an “in-house”/proprietary approach to DeFi Investment.
- Automatize, through smart contract, manual tasks performed by the investment team.
- Work with the product team in order to conceptualize DeFi PoC.
- Keep up to date with the latest innovation in terms of DeFi and their potential impact over our current investments (flash loans, leverage lending platform etc…).
- Analyse the security architecture of some DeFi apps and create a monitoring system of their financials.
What you might look like:
- Some experience with Solidity/Ethereum development
- Few years of experience in Software Engineering and keen interest in Software Architecture
- Have a good understanding of blockchain fundamentals, smart contracts, consensus algorithms, Byzantine fault tolerance, etc.
- Have some knowledge and understanding of DeFi space, and how they are implemented in terms of business logic, technology, and systems architecture.
- Understand the strategic objectives of the organization and how this affects the engineering teams. Understand the engineering OKRs and partner with the teams to ensure alignment with the OKRs.
- Identify opportunities for collaboration with external technical partners. Initiate and maintain relationships with these partners.
- Remain updated with emerging trends in the Ethereum and blockchain technology space
- Passionate about the blockchain and continually keep at the forefront of cryptocurrency
- Collaborator at heart, that loves to share knowledge with others
- Self starter with excellent analytical skills, with the ability to deep dive into details, yet seeing broader implications
- Proactive and results oriented, having the ability to prioritise and meet challenging details
- Enjoy being a part of a feedback culture with the desire to improve finance worldwide
Why you should apply:
- Freedom to build up the company that you’ve dreamed of
- Learn with (cool) experts in finance, engineering, AI, psychology and business
- CHSB bonus based on our meritocratic system
- We'll provide you with a Macbook and a cutting edge tech stack to help you do your best work
- Flexible work hours
- Annual team retreats with colleagues around the world.
- Continuous learning and development opportunities
Oh and are you planning on having a kid? That’s great! We have a bunch of those: you’ll get time off to enjoy that (other) adventure!
At SwissBorg, we embrace diversity. We strongly believe that getting to the best outcomes requires different perspectives and backgrounds. We’re committed to openness, curiosity and creating an inclusive culture as we know that diverse teams build better products and generate better ideas. We strongly encourage applications from everyone regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status