Syngenta is a global leader in agriculture; dedicated to bringing plant potential to life. Each of our 28,000 employees in more than 90 countries work together to solve one of humanity’s most pressing challenges: growing more food with fewer resources. A diverse workforce and an inclusive workplace environment are enablers of our ambition to be the most collaborative and trusted team in agriculture.
Our employees reflect the diversity of our customers, the markets where we operate and the communities which we serve. No matter what your position, you will have a vital role in safely feeding the world and taking care of our planet. Join us and help shape the future of agriculture.
For our site in Münchwilen (AG), we are currently looking for a
Data Engineer (m/f/d)
- To deliver sustainable and scalable data pipelines for API integrations to support and improve chemical process development activities in Münchwilen and globally
- To use a multidisciplinary approach to existing automation system facilities to deliver data insight using machine learning, data engineering and data analysis skills in collaboration with technical experts
- Contribute to the development of standardised automation of reports, and system access design in collaboration with PT New AI, Site Engineering and R&D / P&S IT teams
- Develops and maintains scalable data pipelines and builds out new API integrations to support a continuing increase in data volume and complexity
- Collaborates with analytics and business teams to improve data models that feed process analytical tools, increasing data accessibility and fostering data-driven decision making across the organization
- Performs data analysis required to troubleshoot data related issues and assist in the resolution of data issues
- Works closely with the Site Process and Engineering Teams as well as the global Math and Data Science Network
- Translates Customer Requirements into Software Requirement Documents for tendering
What we expect:
- Bacherlor or Master Degree in Data Engineering, Data Science, Automation, Computer Science or equivalent
- Good knowledge of relational and non-relational database principles and corresponding query language skills (e.g. SQL,NoSQL, etc.)
- Good knowledge common programming languages (Python, R, C#, JAVA, Kotlin, etc.)
- Experiences in creating ETL pipelines and ability to create APIs (restful, RPC, etc.)
- Fluent spoken and written English. German and French are considered as an advantage.
- Ability to design solutions and communicate them effectively to non-technical stakeholder
- Ability to work in a multicultural and matrix environment.
What we offer:
- We offer a position which contributes to valuable and impactful work in a stimulating and international environment #bringingplantpotentialtolife
- An open and pleasant working atmosphere
- A competitive pension fund plan.
- Preferential conditions with insurance companies.
Interested? We look forward to receiving your online application including all relevant documents (cover letter, CV, certificates)
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status