For our team in Zurich, we are looking for a dedicated ESG Data Scientist in Sustainable Investing.
Within Robeco’s Investments division, ESG Data Scientists sit within the Data Engineering & Analytics team. As an ESG Data Scientist, you apply your data engineering, modelling, quantitative and programming skills to Sustainable Investing (SI). You do this together with the other members of Robeco’s SI Center of Expertise and the portfolio management teams.
Position & Requirements
Your responsibilities include:
- Identify and analyze relevant sustainability data
- Provide insights on how to use this data to enhance the investment process
- Develop models and processes used for sustainability screening and exclusions
- Build quantitative metrics to score companies on sustainability criteria such as ESG, SDG and footprint
- Create tools to analyze, monitor and improve the sustainability profile of portfolios, for example through scenario analysis or historical simulations.
- You are self-motivated and an independent thinker, excited to work for a global leader in sustainability investing
- You are a self-motivated and creative analyst with in-depth knowledge of financial markets and investment products.
- You have an MSc or PhD in a quantitative field (Mathematics, Natural Sciences, Engineering, Computer Science or Econometrics) with a strong background in statistics and preferably machine learning
- You have experience analyzing large and complex data sets using Python/Pandas. Ideally you also have experience with SQL and PySpark.
- You enjoy writing efficient, clean and readable code and have experience using Git for version control.
- You have excellent communication skills and can explain complex subjects in a clear and intuitive way
- You have a strong attention to detail, are open minded and enjoy working with technical as well as non-technical people from different backgrounds.
- Having ESG knowledge is a pre, but not a necessity
The ideal candidate has at least several years of experience in a similar role, but we will also consider more junior applicants.
Please submit your application through our website. Besides your CV, include a brief video or letter explaining your motivation and experience with data analytics and sustainability (for example links to code repositories with relevant projects).
For more information about the position, kindly get in touch with Jacob Buitelaar ( firstname.lastname@example.org ).
All applications will be treated with the utmost confidentiality. An assessment and integrity test may be used in the selection procedure.
Robeco Recruiting Team